Transporting weapons through SC

Cerick

Hey guys, I'm new here. Anyway in two days i'll be moving from Florida to New Jersey. I was wondering if South Carolina had any laws about non residents transporting firearms through the state. I have just one pistol that will be locked in a case in my trunk, seperate from the ammo. I'm planning on calling the state police to check anyway but I wanted to know if any of you knew. Thanks!

You are transporting OK - SC laws are a bit laxer that most states - can be in console / glovebox - unlocked. Make sure to let the officer know if you get stopped.

Official SC Gun laws here: Link Removed

You are transporting OK - SC laws are a bit laxer that most states - can be in console / glovebox - unlocked. Make sure to let the officer know if you get stopped.

Official SC Gun laws here: Link Removed
Just to add that you can have it loaded in an unlocked console / glovebox,

I hate to sound like a pinko...but once you get past VA.

that's when you need to unload it and pack it away in the trunk... and still pray real hard.

as I understand it... cased in Florida... open or consol/box in GA.... consol/box in S.C. , open in N.C. and I believe either in VA (don't hold me to that) Once you get to MD you are own your own....

My simpathies for your move.

FL

In FL you dont need to have it cased. it can be loaded in a glove box or center console. I was told by a LEO to follow the 3 step rule to be safe. Also, yea im moving to NJ which has some of the worst gun laws of any state. No more concealed carry for me :(

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back