Wallet Card for Open Carry?

tkruf

Anyone know of a link for a download of a pdf file to print out business cards you can carry and hand out to the sheep that ask you if you can carry that thing? :wacko:

A card that either states your State Firearms Laws, or OC issues.

I've seen the "no gun = no money" card you can give to businesses. I'm looking for something similar to give to sheep to inform them of their 2nd amendment rights.

Thanks

Anyone know of a link for a download of a pdf file to print out business cards you can carry and hand out to the sheep that ask you if you can carry that thing? :wacko:

I've seen the "no gun = no money" card you can give to businesses. I'm looking for something similar to give to sheep to inform them of their 2nd amendment rights.

Thanks
Why are the sheep asking if you carry?

They're not...yet. I ran across one of these cards linked somewhere a month or so back, and now I can't find it.

I thought it would be nice to have, so that when someone does ask. I can educate them on their 2A right. Maybe they would learn something they didn't know.

Are you looking for this?
Front
WhyDONE.jpg

Back
WhyBACK.jpg

It's here:
Link Removed

Would need more than a card to carry that, although all good information. I have, too, had people who asked when I OC'd, til I decided to stop because I got tired of the explaining. I can see the original poster's point. Just saw a post on another thread. I think I will get some cards printed with this and pass them out when asked, if anyone DOES see my weapon. "Life is tough, even tougher if you're STUPID"

The simplest answer I have found to the question, "Why do you carry?"

Do you own a fire extinguisher?

Non-confrontational and to the point.

If they don't get it after that response, just walk away.

Would need more than a card to carry that, although all good information. I have, too, had people who asked when I OC'd, til I decided to stop because I got tired of the explaining. I can see the original poster's point. Just saw a post on another thread. I think I will get some cards printed with this and pass them out when asked, if anyone DOES see my weapon. "Life is tough, even tougher if you're STUPID"

And as Ron White says: "you can't fix stupid"! :biggrin:

I don't open carry... Freaks out people when they see a gun

Not to argue or try and covert, because I OC and CC depends on how I am dressing for the day not so much the place I am going, but have you acctually witnessed or heard the story of the freaking out of people? I have yet to have anyone freakout because of a gun in plain view but that is my experience and you might find that the most suprising part of OC is that it is just easier and more comfortable. If you have not already read the Open Carry Argument it can be found under the Open Carry forum. It was the deciding factor on me to try OC the first time.

I carry a gun because I love my family and I want to protect them against other folks that don't love their family or mine, and would try to do us harm.

Open carry and/or concealed carry is a personal preference. Neither one works all the time, for all the folks. It's just like the caliber wars..... nobody is wrong, and nobody is right.... but there are valid points on both sides..... deal with it.

Open carry and/or concealed carry is a personal preference. Neither one works all the time, for all the folks. It's just like the caliber wars..... nobody is wrong, and nobody is right.... but there are valid points on both sides..... deal with it.

That's without a doubt the most intelligent statement concerning this controversial subject I have ever seen. +1000

Thanks

My wife was harassed by an anti-gun nut the other day while OC'ing. This prompted me to go to vistaprint and order some business cards to be handed out to anyone who needs to be educated as to the legalities and merits of practicing ones right to bear arms.

Please comment on this, I would like to hear your input.

My wife was harassed by an anti-gun nut the other day while OC'ing. This prompted me to go to vistaprint and order some business cards to be handed out to anyone who needs to be educated as to the legalities and merits of practicing ones right to bear arms.

Please comment on this, I would like to hear your input.

I like your idea. I don't like your card. I would throw it in the next trash can I pass.

Using a small media to pass on a message requires INSTANT "attention getting". Your card references two different places to go for "research". Basically, you're telling them to go do some work on their part, to prove a point on your part. I'll tell you to kiss....well, you get my point. They already have their minds made up on the issue. They don't need to "research" any more material.

What you have to do with the card is state your point VERY clearly and VERY concisely. That's the reason the
No Guns=No Dollars works so well. It's short, to the point, and very clearly tells the business owner why it is in his/her best interest to consider changing their minds on the issue.

Like I said, I like your card idea. I just think that if you can re-do the message, it might have better effect.

Consider:
"In respect for your stance, if trouble breaks out, I WON'T protect you with my gun."

I like your idea. I don't like your card. I would throw it in the next trash can I pass.

Using a small media to pass on a message requires INSTANT "attention getting". Your card references two different places to go for "research". Basically, you're telling them to go do some work on their part, to prove a point on your part. I'll tell you to kiss....well, you get my point. They already have their minds made up on the issue. They don't need to "research" any more material.

What you have to do with the card is state your point VERY clearly and VERY concisely. That's the reason the
No Guns=No Dollars works so well. It's short, to the point, and very clearly tells the business owner why it is in his/her best interest to consider changing their minds on the issue.

Like I said, I like your card idea. I just think that if you can re-do the message, it might have better effect.

Consider:
"In respect for your stance, if trouble breaks out, I WON'T protect you with my gun."

With all due respect Sir, Rude people will always be rude people. Even the jerk who gave my wife a hard time would most likely throw the card away as you have so eloquently stated you would do. My card is one in which I would give out to all who comment (positively or negatively) toward my carrying. It actually offers real factual information. There will be those who keep the card and actually go home, check it out, and become another informed citizen as to our Constitutional rights. After all, isn't this what our goal is, to inform people, not one up them?

It is my humble opinion that the card you suggest is confrontational and would do nothing to truly educate the ignorant. That card would end up in the trash just a surely as would the one I suggest.

It is also my opinion that presenting a respectful, professional response to peoples concerns toward Open Carry will have a far more positive effect than one that is snide or confrontational.

With all due respect Sir, Rude people will always be rude people. Even the jerk who gave my wife a hard time would most likely throw the card away as you have so eloquently stated you would do. My card is one in which I would give out to all who comment (positively or negatively) toward my carrying. It actually offers real factual information. There will be those who keep the card and actually go home, check it out, and become another informed citizen as to our Constitutional rights. After all, isn't this what our goal is, to inform people, not one up them?

It is my humble opinion that the card you suggest is confrontational and would do nothing to truly educate the ignorant. That card would end up in the trash just a surely as would the one I suggest.

It is also my opinion that presenting a respectful, professional response to peoples concerns toward Open Carry will have a far more positive effect than one that is snide or confrontational.

You don't have to get snippy about it, Hey, YOU'RE the one that posted and asked for opinions. If you wanted opinions that only back up what you presented, you should have stated that in your request. However, you failed to mention that caveat, so I gave you my honest opinion.

I told you I like your idea. I just don;t like the message. I think it could be better, and I offered an alternative. I never said it was the ONLY alternative, or even a good one. But it darn sure didn't ask someone that opposes your view to do extra work by research on an issue they already oppose.

And you didn't state that you wanted a card that you would give out to negative or positive people. You posted a story about an encounter with an anti-gun person, so don't try now to change the original scenario. Look, I don't care what you do you with cards. But the next time you ask for advice, you better ask yourself first if you're man enough to handle the answers.

WOW! Maybe we could just have a damn shoot out and last man standing gets to use his card?

That's what the anti's think your going to do anyway as soon as they see a gun on your side!

I don't believe you have any chance of "educating" anti's with cards, however if you are going to try at least put your name and a contact number on the card in case they actually would want to discuss it. All this is just and advertisement for what they will view as gun nut organizations.

If you believe in your stand you have to convince them that it is YOU that believes it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back