Yippee!! CCW site shows mine is ACTIVE today!

I finally got mine in the mail. About time this state get on the ball.

You had a very bad instructor, when the State catches up to him? you may have a redactec CCW and stopped by LEO you may go to jail ! Think about that !!!

Yep, no question that I had a horribly bad instructor. The thing is this is normal for Florida instruction classes. Florida does not require a set number of hours of instruction. Classes are given at Gun Shows where an 18 wheeler van trailer is brought in for a classroom. Ads for the class states 1 hour. Students after class will shoot 1 shot into a medium in a barrel. 25 bucks paid, certification handed over. They will have for sale a book that explains the Florida laws concerning CCW, if you are interested!!

If they start jailing instructors or students who give or had a 1 hour class, the jails are gonna be overflowing! While I was in Florida in late February I saw a local news story that 2 instructors had lost there certification and thier students would be required to take another class. This was a case where money was simply handed over for a signature on their class attendance. This type of thing happens in a lot of different areas where a certification is required, unfortunately. These guys just got caught. A couple weeks ago 2 instructors in St. Clair county here in Illinois got caught in the same thing. They lost their certification and their students all required to retake a class and were out any money they had spent thus far. And here our CCW is just in it's infancy while Florida's is quite mature. Latest figures I've seen show over a million issued in Florida. I would guess probably half of those were to out of state folks.......just a guess on that.

The Mailman Cometh!!
Got my hardcard this morning.
My timeline:
Application went in Jan 23
Showed up 'active' on the website Mar 24
Received in mail Mar 29
Actually things moved along fairly quickly, everything considered. I did do electronic fingerprints.
Hang in there if still waiting, good things are coming!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back