Yippee!! CCW site shows mine is ACTIVE today!

Nail1940

I applied Jan 23. Checking the site it shows mine is active as of today and I have a permit number. Shows expiration date of Mar 24, 2019. My application number was 38xxx. I did apply with electronic fingerprints. I'll see how long it takes to arrive in the mail. Now wait to see when my Florida permit arrives.
The instruction for the Fl permit was a total joke (I took it in Florida). I don't blame Illinois for not recognizing it!
A one hour class, 5 shots from a .22, 25 bucks and done!!

Sounds like it is short of the legal requirements for florida. Class is supposed to be 4 hours. People have lost instructors licenses over this and talk of pulling permits from people who were certified from said instructors.

Gee...in virginia we can open carry without a permit and concealed carry with a permit. For the permit you take a 5 minute online course and pay 19 bucks and you get your permit. Open carry no online training needed. Does this mean that virginia gun owners are absolutely reckless and dangerous with guns because we have no classroom or range requirements for either open or conceal carry. With so many thousands of us in virginia that we're not required to obtain any formal training you may need to warn everybody to stay away from virginia. I had no idea we were such a threat until I found out that Floridas required classroom and range requirements were such a joke. My God...maybe I better move my family out of virginia before they become victims of random firearm shooting by untrained and immature citizens that do carry open or concealed. Thank you for opening my eyes and potentially saving my families and my life from irresponsible virginia gun owners.

Sounds like it is short of the legal requirements for florida. Class is supposed to be 4 hours. People have lost instructors licenses over this and talk of pulling permits from people who were certified from said instructors.

No.........actually there are no requirements of the number of hours of instruction by the Florida Dept of Agriculture which runs the program.
The class I took was listed as being 3 hours, but as I said, me and three others were done in one hour! The place I did mine does three classes a week. There are classes provided at gun shows there. The classroom is an 18 wheeler van trailer that is moved to gun show locations. The range firing consists of the student firing one shot into a barrel of medium to accept a bullet. It's a total joke in Florida. We should be apprehensive when touring Florida with the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of folks walking around with a gun and absolutely no training!!
You are correct though that there are instructors who have lost their certificates in Florida. There were two in the news while I was there, but it had nothing to do with the amount of hours of instruction, it was the old game of give me $$ and I'll give you my signature on a piece of paper. Actually two instructors in St. Clair county here in Illinois lost theirs for the same reason last week!

Hmmmmm, guess Virginia also has a 5 minute online course for 16 year olds to get their drivers license! That makes about as much sense as allowing folks to concealed carry with a 5 minute online course.......to hell with safety!

I applied Jan 23. Checking the site it shows mine is active as of today and I have a permit number. Shows expiration date of Mar 24, 2019. My application number was 38xxx. I did apply with electronic fingerprints. I'll see how long it takes to arrive in the mail. Now wait to see when my Florida permit arrives.
The instruction for the Fl permit was a total joke (I took it in Florida). I don't blame Illinois for not recognizing it!
That FL class does not meet FL requirements. The instructor is a joke, not the FL permit.

Hmmmmm, guess Virginia also has a 5 minute online course for 16 year olds to get their drivers license! That makes about as much sense as allowing folks to concealed carry with a 5 minute online course.......to hell with safety!

We are talking about a constitutional right, carrying a firearm. No training should be REQUIRED, encouraged yes. Required, NO. Let us please not start this argument again with every thread you start.

We get it, you believe people should have to train 100 hour to carry. You say that in every thread. How about we talk about something else?

No.........actually there are no requirements of the number of hours of instruction by the Florida Dept of Agriculture which runs the program.
The class I took was listed as being 3 hours, but as I said, me and three others were done in one hour! The place I did mine does three classes a week. There are classes provided at gun shows there. The classroom is an 18 wheeler van trailer that is moved to gun show locations. The range firing consists of the student firing one shot into a barrel of medium to accept a bullet. It's a total joke in Florida. We should be apprehensive when touring Florida with the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of folks walking around with a gun and absolutely no training!!
You are correct though that there are instructors who have lost their certificates in Florida. There were two in the news while I was there, but it had nothing to do with the amount of hours of instruction, it was the old game of give me $$ and I'll give you my signature on a piece of paper. Actually two instructors in St. Clair county here in Illinois lost theirs for the same reason last week!

Why don't you post for us the names of the instructors who lost their rights? you can't because you people in Illinois have Obama so far up your azz that your breath stinks.

If you are interested in who they are just search the Florida news.......it was in the Tampa newspaper about 1 month ago.

You amaze me. One would think a certified instructors main concern would be safety?
I sure as hell am not wanting to argue with anyone on here, but it appears that is your goal!

Does that mean that Virginians that don't have a concealed carry permit but choose to open carry with absolutely no required training are the really super duper dangerous ones? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't have a cock (southern cock-fighting, still goes on) in this fight, but congrats on the permit. Training is suggested, even though not all states require it. In fact, I would hazard a guess (not rooted in fact), that most CHCL holders here do train, at a range, or wherever, to become one with their picked sidearm, as a matter of pride and safety. And the ones who don't? None of my business.

You amaze me. One would think a certified instructors main concern would be safety?
I sure as hell am not wanting to argue with anyone on here, but it appears that is your goal!
As an American Citizen my main goal is that my rights, nor the rights of my students, nor the rights of my fellow citizens are trampled upon. I do not believe that training should be a requirement to own or carry a firearm. The odds are not in your favor in regards to your arguments why training should be required when we look at the numerous states which require no training or licensing of any kind to own or carry a firearm.

Yes it sounds hypocritical coming from a person who pays his bills teaching people how to be safe with firearms, and none of my students will ever tell you that safety wasn't a main goal of my classes, but bottom line; It is a right, and you don't need to be trained to vote. Why would you be trained to own a firearm? Both are rights. Neither is a privilege.

I applied Jan 23. Checking the site it shows mine is active as of today and I have a permit number. Shows expiration date of Mar 24, 2019. My application number was 38xxx. I did apply with electronic fingerprints. I'll see how long it takes to arrive in the mail.

ISP will tell you 10 - 14 days. Mine arrived in 7. Some folks have received them in as little as 3 days.

Ccw

You had a very bad instructor, when the State catches up to him? you may have a redactec CCW and stopped by LEO you may go to jail ! Think about that !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back