XD Compacts Concealable?

lamerem

So this one is for all you XD fans that carry. Are the XD compacts concealable with minimal printing? How about with the mag extension on there as well?

Which model do you prefer? How often do you carry it?

I ask because I asked in the concealed forum about getting a new conceal carry gun. I really like the Shield in a 40 cal, but I am looking at the XDs and the XD compacts as well. XDs makes me nervous do to the various issues their having with them.

any gun (pistol/revolver) is concealable with the proper holster & belt and clothing .. some easier than others .. also depends on your body shape .. IWB is the best way to go .. the compacts or sub compacts are a little easier .. as far as printing, don't worry about it .. 99% of the sheeple's don't notice .. another CC carrier might, but who cares ..
it's easier to conceal my XDs than my full size 1911 .. but i have the correct holsters to do so and can carry any gun with confidence ..

now what issue's are there with the XDs? .. i have close to 500rds through mine without a problem .. just added a CT laser to her and bought another holster from MultiHolsters.com to accommodate the accessory ..

when you have CC'd for a few weeks you will feel more at ease ..

Stay Safe ..
SB

I normally carry a Glock 29sf with no printing but just got an IWB holster for my XD-40 Sub Compact and with the stock 9 round mag it does not print at all. If I put the 10 or 12 round extended mags in and it prints like crazy just wearing a tee. Wearing a sweatshirt it's not to bad but at the 4 to 5 position it makes sitting unpleasant as it digs into the chair/seat.

Also, if you get "The Works" setup with loader, mag holster, and quick holster, IMHO, you're wasting money for concealment. The XD holster is sloppy and lets the pistol flop around bad and prints worse, the loader is quicker than loading a mag by hand but a UpLula is a million times better, and the mag holster which I wore tonight testing it's wearablity... It prints and is also sloppy and not tight to the body. So if you can save some money for just the pistol.... it conceals great with the short mag.

Glock and XD-40 Subcompact side by side.

now what issue's are there with the XDs? .. i have close to 500rds through mine without a problem

Oh yeah, like you I've had 0 issue with mine and I've put several thousand rounds through it. Even with the cheap Tullammo steel casings it chews em up and spits em out great.

Well a simple google search has shown 100's of posts of people complaining of FTF, FTE, or slide not locking back after the last round. I agree to an extent that gun positioning in a hand plays a roll. I called SA customer service and they explained they were investigating the current issues and that there has been a couple of recalls made for certain serial number runs.

That being said every manufacturer has issues. The Shield 40 (which I am most interested in) was riddles with mag drop issues. The new ones are fixed but Smith is still repairing older models. I am happy to hear you've had no issues.

I'm going to buy or order on the 11th hopefully I can make up my mind! LOL

The only problem I had when concealing an XD was weight. I have some lower back pain sometimes and it was aggravated.

Well a simple google search has shown 100's of posts of people complaining of FTF, FTE, or slide not locking back after the last round. I agree to an extent that gun positioning in a hand plays a roll. I called SA customer service and they explained they were investigating the current issues and that there has been a couple of recalls made for certain serial number runs.

That being said every manufacturer has issues. The Shield 40 (which I am most interested in) was riddles with mag drop issues. The new ones are fixed but Smith is still repairing older models. I am happy to hear you've had no issues.

I'm going to buy or order on the 11th hopefully I can make up my mind! LOL

If you research almost any gun model on the forums you wil find problems with any make of gun.

I have carried / concealed XD40sc, XD45c, and the XDS. I don't have an issue with any of them. Most comfortable with the .45c for some reason. Love those guns, but that one in particular. I have the XDS and love it as we'll. no issues. Having trouble bumping .45c from EDC it carries so well, for me anyway - it just feels right. The XDS will conceal very well I suppose but I haven't chosen it over .45c yet. IWB is best for me using M-TAC from Comp-Tac.

X

I've put 316 rounds of PPU, Magtech, Federal, Hornady and PMC HP through my new XDs without a hint of failure. I'm ready to give it primary carry status it functions so smooth and accurately, like it's big brother my XD .45 4". That's not a lot of history but I've never felt so confident about a large caliber, short barrel piece. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back