Witness Pavona

telpinaro

Ran across a review of the Witness Pavona done by Carrie Lightfoot of The Well Armed Woman and have since really wanted to try one, if only the darn things weren't sparkly! Drives me nuts. We don't all want pretty or colorful. The black isn't too bad, I guess.

Beyond that, though... I think it's the first gun I've seen specifically meant for women. Interesting features, and looks fun to shoot. I like what they did with the grooves on the slide! I have irritating skin that'll start tearing after half a day's class, so the better hold I can get on it, the longer I can shoot. Might still be too wide for my hands (they're not just small, they're narrow), but you never know. Has anyone seen one of these yet? I'll be keeping my eye out...

Link Removed
Link Removed
EAA Pavona Polymer 9mm?A Gun Made for Women

Looks fun to shoot.....i hear ya about the "sparkle" but the black isnt too bad ...... interesting. I'd like to try it :biggrin:

I kind of want it for a range gun... target shooting and whatnot. Bit too big to CC for me, and I wouldn't be caught dead OC-ing a sparkly gun! Well, maybe if I'm all dressed up, 'cause that would just be funny.

Good looking gun, but she was right about us guys into flat black, and for the country guys, camo.

I might have my wife try one of these out, if one shows-up locally. She can't rack a slide well due to severe car injuries.

One mark against it is the safety lever, at least for my wife. She also has a problem with stoppages, so she has a revolver for home defense only. She doesn't carry. She has an aversion, well, a fear of firearms, and it's hard for me to get her to the range, but she is accurate enough at 7 yards with her revolver, so I give positive reinforcement to what she accomplishes. She keeps the revolver close-by, even when showering, under a towel or other clothing. I'm happy that she's happy with what she picked for personal protection in the home.

I nearly blew it on her first indoor range day (she hadn't picked her sidearm yet) by letting her shoot my XD-S .45. Once was enough, and she won't stay with me (behind) on the firing line when I am practicing with it. In hindsight, I should have left the thunderstick behind and let her guide the handling, rental, and shooting experience. I really thought I was trying to help, and there's the problem. I introduced a fear due to my ignorance. We guys should just stay out of it, and let ladies talk to sales people (most female sales people know what usually works for females).

Sorry for the tome, but thought some guys might read this thread too, and not make mistakes with their wives, daughters, girlfriends or acquaintances.

Good looking gun, but she was right about us guys into flat black, and for the country guys, camo.

I might have my wife try one of these out, if one shows-up locally. She can't rack a slide well due to severe car injuries.

One mark against it is the safety lever, at least for my wife. She also has a problem with stoppages, so she has a revolver for home defense only. She doesn't carry. She has an aversion, well, a fear of firearms, and it's hard for me to get her to the range, but she is accurate enough at 7 yards with her revolver, so I give positive reinforcement to what she accomplishes. She keeps the revolver close-by, even when showering, under a towel or other clothing. I'm happy that she's happy with what she picked for personal protection in the home.

I nearly blew it on her first indoor range day (she hadn't picked her sidearm yet) by letting her shoot my XD-S .45. Once was enough, and she won't stay with me (behind) on the firing line when I am practicing with it. in hindsight, I should have left the thunderstick behind and let her guide the handling, rental, and shooting experience. I really thought I was trying to help, and there's the problem. I introduced a fear due to my ignorance. We guys should just stay out of it, and let ladies talk to sales people (most female sales people know what usually works for females).

Sorry for the tome, but thought some guys might read this thread too, and not make mistakes with their wives, daughters, girlfriends or acquaintances.

I'm not fond of the manual safeties, either, but after reading about the trigger I'd probably just leave it off. That's what I do with my Shield. And I'm one girl who's definitely in to the flat black. No camo, though... Don't hunt, and saw enough of it in the military to last a lifetime! :smile:

And an XD-S .45 is quite the way to start! Even the 9mm was decently snappy... Haven't tried it in .45 yet. You're definitely right about letting a new shooter take the lead in what they want to try... it goes for both women and men. If you have the option and friends of both genders who shoot, I'd find an outdoor range and make a fun and relaxing day of it. Your wife can shoot or not as she pleases, maybe try some friend's guns. Injuries never help with the selection process... I'm glad she found a revolver she likes! Which one is it?

I'm not fond of the manual safeties, either, but after reading about the trigger I'd probably just leave it off. That's what I do with my Shield. And I'm one girl who's definitely in to the flat black. No camo, though... Don't hunt, and saw enough of it in the military to last a lifetime! :smile:

And an XD-S .45 is quite the way to start! Even the 9mm was decently snappy... Haven't tried it in .45 yet. You're definitely right about letting a new shooter take the lead in what they want to try... it goes for both women and men. If you have the option and friends of both genders who shoot, I'd find an outdoor range and make a fun and relaxing day of it. Your wife can shoot or not as she pleases, maybe try some friend's guns. Injuries never help with the selection process... I'm glad she found a revolver she likes! Which one is it?
Taurus 85 ultralite. I dry fired it maybe a thousand times to break-in the trigger (spent brass in cylinder, changed many times) and put some Hogue grips on it so she could park-her-pinky, and get a bit closer to the trigger with her finger.

I tried to talk her into the Ruger SP101 with 3" barrel, but she thought it was too heavy, and the trigger was a bear for her. All the prompting about a heavier firrearm having less recoil fell on deaf ears. She doesn't like the recoil on the Taurus .38, but with the Hogue grip, she manages it. If she carried and still wanted the .38 special chambering, I would have steered her into the hammerless design.

We do have an outdoor range about 4 miles from us, supplied by our Home Owners Association, and it costs just a few bucks. Just had a skeet shoot a few days ago on the rifle/shotgun range (it has a handgun range also). Skeet tournaments are held there too. I know she would be happy there, we just haven't gone yet. I believe the concussion from big bore rounds in the indoor range scares her.

Taurus 85 ultralite. I dry fired it maybe a thousand times to break-in the trigger (spent brass in cylinder, changed many times) and put some Hogue grips on it so she could park-her-pinky, and get a bit closer to the trigger with her finger.

I tried to talk her into the Ruger SP101 with 3" barrel, but she thought it was too heavy, and the trigger was a bear for her. All the prompting about a heavier firrearm having less recoil fell on deaf ears. She doesn't like the recoil on the Taurus .38, but with the Hogue grip, she manages it. If she carried and still wanted the .38 special chambering, I would have steered her into the hammerless design.

We do have an outdoor range about 4 miles from us, supplied by our Home Owners Association, and it costs just a few bucks. Just had a skeet shoot a few days ago on the rifle/shotgun range (it has a handgun range also). Skeet tournaments are held there too. I know she would be happy there, we just haven't gone yet. I believe the concussion from big bore rounds in the indoor range scares her.

NOW that's a great HOA! Damn worth the fees.

I like the idea of the handgun being designed from scratch for a woman's needs. I'm another who's not a fan of the glitter (the colors and glitter look too much like a toy). It is heavy for all day carry, but not for the range.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back