Wisconsin SB 93

I've been keeping a watch on the cc bill in WI. I grew up there and it would be nice to carry when I'm ther. Any way I came across a re[port that had a statement from Sen. Lena Taylor D-Milwaukee where she said something about this bill infringing on the rights of the minorities and was racist. How can a bill about cc be racist?

I've been keeping a watch on the cc bill in WI. I grew up there and it would be nice to carry when I'm ther. Any way I came across a re[port that had a statement from Sen. Lena Taylor D-Milwaukee where she said something about this bill infringing on the rights of the minorities and was racist. How can a bill about cc be racist?

I'm not answering your question, but posing one of my own since you are following this. I haven't had time to read all the amendments but I don't see anything in the main bill text about reciprocity with other states or non-resident permits. Are you sure you would be able to carry if you were there?

I'll answer my own question, SB 93 is constitutional carry and no permit is required by anyone, resident or not. The competing SB 90 would be licensed carry and allow a license from a another state. I think that is right.

The original bill Link Removed

The amendments Link Removed

After being amended it is no longer Constitution Carry. It now requires permits and minimal training. The Wis. Assembly will vote on the bill next Tuesday June 21st. It is expected to pass in it's current form. Governor Walker has stated he would sign a bill with permits and training.

I expect a CC law on the books in Wisconsin by the end of this month.

This act takes effect on the first day of the 4th month beginning after publication,

So if passes vote on 21st....I assume it will be rushed to Gov...but how long from Gov signature to "publication"? Are we looking at Nov 1 as earliest possible with Dec 1 being more likely?

That being the case, that gets us back to my original question. Is there reciprocity or non-resident permits in any of those amendments? Or will they be like California? In other words you can only carry there if you live there, not if you visit.

That being the case, that gets us back to my original question. Is there reciprocity or non-resident permits in any of those amendments? Or will they be like California? In other words you can only carry there if you live there, not if you visit.

The possibility for reciprocity agreements is in there....it's been stated that training will be required for recip.

Maybe because if you're held up, you stand a chance to defend yourself. Somethin' to do with affirmative action or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back