Wisconsin Lifts Ban on Concealed Carry

It's good to see a state that has been primarily democrat for number of years make changes in different areas. Hopefully Winconsin will be another state with carry permit reciprocity. On a different note, people are starting to realize that large public sector pensions are no longer maintainable. Fair wages are important, but not at the cost of bringing taxpayers to their knees or farther.

The only bad thing to note....The gun free school zone paragraph, I know out of staters are screwed but at least in MN they let you put it in your trunk and you are exempt from the 1000 ft rule. Not so in WI it appears....

Permit holders will be exempt from the 1000 ft school zone.

Unless I'm reading it wrong...that's not what the law says...

Section 91. 948.605 (2) (a) of the statutes is amended to read:
948.605 (2) (a) Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony. Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture. This changes the school zone from felony to Class B
Section 92. 948.605 (2) (b) (intro.) of the statutes is amended to read:
948.605 (2) (b) (intro.) Paragraph (a) does not apply to the possession of a firearm by any of the following:
Section 93. 948.605 (2) (b) 1., 2., 4., 5. and 7. of the statutes are repealed. This paragraph 2 was the Link Removed that allowed for licensed exception...which is odd since no license existed.
Section 94. 948.605 (2) (b) 1m. and 1r. of the statutes are created to read:
948.605 (2) (b) 1m. A person who possesses the firearm in accordance with 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (i), (iv), (v), (vi), or (vii). Does not include the "is licensed to do so by the state..." which is paragraph (ii)
1r. Except if the person is in or on the grounds of a school, a licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out-of-state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back