Wisconisn CCW update

coachdb18

Just found the following updated information on reciprocity for the new Wisconsin CCW law. Bottom line, it will take effect 1 Nov 2011, and will include full reciprocity initially with 25 other states (including my home state of North Carolina!). See the article for the full listing and details.

Crime and Courts: Permit holders from 25 states will be able to carry guns in Wisconsin

Just found the following updated information on reciprocity for the new Wisconsin CCW law. Bottom line, it will take effect 1 Nov 2011, and will include full reciprocity initially with 25 other states (including my home state of North Carolina!). See the article for the full listing and details.

Crime and Courts: Permit holders from 25 states will be able to carry guns in Wisconsin

WI will honor the permits of those 25 states initially....not necessarily will it be "full reciprocity". Reciprocity goes both ways.

For example in the list:

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands

CA, CT, HI and NY do not honor any other states' permits...

So can WI residents carry in those states?

No not neccearily. Some of them will allow WI residents to carry but this list is Recognition. These are the states that WI will recognize in their borders. So if you are not a WI resident and have a permit from any of those states you can carry.

Thanks for that. I have a son in WI and now when I go to visit, I can carry my weapon. Nice to know.

I hope MN. Ia. Mo honor the Wi permit

MN will not recognize the WI permit (99.99% on that) without changing legislatively.

IA and MO recognize all other state's permits (license in this case) so you will be good to go there.

If you want to carry in MN your best options are either a MN permit or UT. Utah is actually going to be cheaper and will give you more states that you can carry in, plus you don't actually have to go to Utah to get it. You have to travel to MN to obtain your MN permit. That can be hard to do when you have to show up at an Sheriff's Office during business hours during the work week....

Making a few copies today. I'll have it in the mail tomorrow. I see they are waiting until the last minute to get the application form up on the DOJ site.

I live in Ishpeming, MI. and the first Sat. of the month, during the spring and summer, I drive down to Niagra, WI for a muzzleloading shoot, now I won't have to stop in Iron Mountain and lock up my Commander anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back