Winston Salem prohibits CC in most City Parks

mappow

In response to Winston Salem, NC "City council approves ordinance to prohibit concealed handguns at most city parks" posted in the WS Journal dated 11/22:

Link Removed

My response was actually published in Sundays paper. Although edited, the gist of my original LTR was made. I copied in NRA as well as Reps for this area:

I find it extremely disturbing that City Council has voted against allowing law abiding citizens with a permit to carry a conceal weapon in most city parks. The law abiding citizen, that has been fully vetted by the Sheriff of the County, and the rest of society visiting these parks are now at the mercy of the criminals. This is a direct violation of my right to have the ability to defend myself and family from harm that may present itself to me anytime I visit one of these “Exempt” Parks. Do criminals have this same exemption? Will they follow the law and not carry a “Hidden gun” per your head line? Of course not, that’s why their called criminals. To subvert my ability is protect my family and I in the general public is to rely on a police force that will not be next to my side 24/7. Only Law abiding citizens with the ability to carry a weapon on one side has that ability 24/7. Shame on Council for taking that right away. Would they act as quickly if this was a First Amendment Right?

Ya gotta wonder what they're thinking when they do things like this.

There should be welcome signs to permit holders to give the BG's the willy's, not the other way around.

How stupid is that?

KK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back