Winchester PDX Ammo

hwiegert

I bought a box of Winchester PDX ammo for my "Judge" and went to a gun range to get a feel for how they shoot in regard to pattern and recoil. Out of five rounds loaded two did not fire. I had no problems with the next set of five. Of course, with about $ 1.50 per round I am not going to do much QC for Winchester. Just wondering if anyone had any similar experience with this particular ammo or if this was just a fluke.
Thanks

I bought a box of Winchester PDX ammo for my "Judge" and went to a gun range to get a feel for how they shoot in regard to pattern and recoil. Out of five rounds loaded two did not fire. I had no problems with the next set of five. Of course, with about $ 1.50 per round I am not going to do much QC for Winchester. Just wondering if anyone had any similar experience with this particular ammo or if this was just a fluke.
Thanks
Did you just buy the Judge recently or have you had it for a while? When was the last time it was cleaned and oiled?. Did you try the same rounds that failed to fire the first time a second time?

I had a Judge for quite awhile. Shot everything in it from cheap 410 birdshot, slugs, PDX, cowboy 45 Colt. NEVER had one issue, not even one.

Thanks! I had my Judge for about 5 years and shot boxes of the standard 45 LC (Cowboy Action Load) and a variety of 410 shells without any problems. Keep it cleaned and oiled. Had not fired it for several months prior to taking it out this time. And yes, I tried the failed rounds again and then one more time just to make sure. I cannot tell any difference in the firing pin impression between these rounds and the ones that fired correctly. Maybe Abby at NCIS could. That's why I was suspecting the ammo. I'll get me another box and try again. Will let you know how it turns out! Since you are an instructor, what really surprised me was my reaction to the gun not firing. I was TOTALLY unprepared for that to happen and actually froze for a few seconds when it happened. Next time I am going to the range I will only put 4 rounds in and spin the cylinder (like Russian Roulette)
to improve my reaction if it only goes "click".

Thanks! I had my Judge for about 5 years and shot boxes of the standard 45 LC (Cowboy Action Load) and a variety of 410 shells without any problems. Keep it cleaned and oiled. Had not fired it for several months prior to taking it out this time. And yes, I tried the failed rounds again and then one more time just to make sure. I cannot tell any difference in the firing pin impression between these rounds and the ones that fired correctly. Maybe Abby at NCIS could. That's why I was suspecting the ammo. I'll get me another box and try again. Will let you know how it turns out! Since you are an instructor, what really surprised me was my reaction to the gun not firing. I was TOTALLY unprepared for that to happen and actually froze for a few seconds when it happened. Next time I am going to the range I will only put 4 rounds in and spin the cylinder (like Russian Roulette)
to improve my reaction if it only goes "click".
Actually, freezing and not doing anything except aiming downrange with a misfire is a good thing. You may get a hangfire which if you moved before it went off could be a bad thing.( 15 second rule ) Those rounds that did not fire may have had hard primers. That's why the questions on the first reply. Have to get rid of the common things that cause problems first. I've been working on a .22 revolver that refuses to fire every time for almost 6 months. Very frustrating as it never fails to fire on the second go around on the same rounds in the same chamber. Dump the spent rounds and try again. Fires on the previously failed cylinders and fails on ones that fired before. Speed of firing makes no difference and people watching see no difference in the guns action.:wacko:

Thanks

You think thats bad try Winchester .17 HMR ammo, 34 misfires out of 100 rounds, shot 200 rds of CCI the next few days & not one problem.

Thanks

I've run just over 200 rounds of Win PDX through my G30 with zero problems.

It is also my EDC ammo in that sidearm and in 9mm for the G19.

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

I've run just over 200 rounds of Win PDX through my G30 with zero problems.

It is also my EDC ammo in that sidearm and in 9mm for the G19.

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver
I wonder if usacarry has an award for the best mobile signature? LMAO.

Keep the sidearm in the cockpit? Wait, you can't answer that...

I wonder if usacarry has an award for the best mobile signature? LMAO.

Keep the sidearm in the cockpit? Wait, you can't answer that...

Depending on where a pilot is going, don't leave home without it is the common reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back