Will you be passing your firearms on to Family?

Kramer1113

I am really enjoying reading many of the History stories of your firearms.
For me, my guns are almost all new. My Fathers guns were sold while he was still alive to support the family following a motorcycle accident.

When I purchase a Firearm sometimes the intent is to have a nice gun for my youngest son to inherit when I pass.
My Ruger SR1911 is slated for him, he has a Ruger 10/22 that I hope he'll keep to pass on to his children. Not sure about the shotgun I just built. I see no real memory value in it, but maybe he will.

So what are your plans for your Firearms?

Since my family is made up of illegal aliens, prohibited persons and antis I’m going to go with no.

Since I expect to be raptured in my life time I suspect the disposition of my firearms will be irrelevant

Since my family is made up of illegal aliens, prohibited persons and antis I’m going to go with no.

Since I expect to be raptured in my life time I suspect the disposition of my firearms will be irrelevant

Not going to be irrelevant to those left behind and whom ever finds them. Might be nice to put a note with them now just in case. You know, give those left behind a little encouragement or maybe an "I Told You So".

There is a neat movie called Jerusalem countdown. Bad acting but excellent content. The Moment of the Rapture is shocking for those left behind.

I have two daughters. Both of their husbands are avid shooters. I'll divide the firearms equally between the two guys with two exceptions. My oldest grandson will get my Ithaca 12ga. It was given to my Dad by my grandfather on Dad's 13th birthday in 1937. I got it when Dad passed. My grandson will get it when I pass or am no longer able to shoot. My grandson will also get my Ithaca .410. It was given to me by my Dad on my 13th birthday. He will get this shotgun on his 13th birthday.

Not going to be irrelevant to those left behind and whom ever finds them. Might be nice to put a note with them now just in case. You know, give those left behind a little encouragement or maybe an "I Told You So".

There is a copy of left behind in my gunsafe

I plan on giving many of my guns to my kids long before I shuffle off this mortal coil- that way I can watch them enjoy them. What few remain when I am gone will also be distributed accordingly with certain guns be allocated per my will.

I plan on giving many of my guns to my kids long before I shuffle off this mortal coil- that way I can watch them enjoy them. What few remain when I am gone will also be distributed accordingly with certain guns be allocated per my will.

My wife has asked that when my youngest turns 21 I give him my Ruger SR1911 so I can watch him enjoy it.
He is 11 and I'm 52, so maybe when I turn 62 it would be an OK thing.

I have one requirement, they have to pass a firearms safety course. So far, it is a no go. I have hopes they someday can pass it. So far, all they want is the sailboat.
8111132601_6aa305ae37.jpg

As I have no kids, and my nephew, while not anti-gun is not pro-gun either, some will go to the NRA Museum. Others will just be sold off.I have my great grandfathers shotgun. It has no value except to one of the family as it was a run of the mill shotgun of the day. But it is a bit different. My great grandfather lost his right arm in a planing mill accident. The shotgun was modified so that he could use it one armed.

FIRST OF ALL...hey GLOCK20..I want your boat too....lol...(nice photo)

I have a 3 way split coming at my end...two sons and my daughter's hubby (daughter's not much into gunning)....they all are into guns, have been since forever....growing up around me, my sons were constantly exposed to guns and archery (hunting, fishing,target shooting & personal defense/CCW), and the son-in-law is a yearly hunter, and still owns the Remington Nylon 66 he's had since 16yrs old, and the shotgun he's been deer hunting with since a kid.

Who gets what, well, that's gonna be a harder answer to come up with...thanks for putting that thought into my head...

As I have no kids, and my nephew, while not anti-gun is not pro-gun either, some will go to the NRA Museum. Others will just be sold off.I have my great grandfathers shotgun. It has no value except to one of the family as it was a run of the mill shotgun of the day. But it is a bit different. My great grandfather lost his right arm in a planing mill accident. The shotgun was modified so that he could use it one armed.

It sounds to me as though you have planned well. I hope others without children have planned so well.

I have a 3 way split coming at my end...two sons and my daughter's hubby (daughter's not much into gunning)....they all are into guns, have been since forever....growing up around me, my sons were constantly exposed to guns and archery (hunting, fishing,target shooting & personal defense/CCW), and the son-in-law is a yearly hunter, and still owns the Remington Nylon 66 he's had since 16yrs old, and the shotgun he's been deer hunting with since a kid.

Who gets what, well, that's gonna be a harder answer to come up with...thanks for putting that thought into my head...

Things we have to think about.
I never asked or told my mother I wanted anything of hers. After my sisters took it all, and I mean took it all, mom said "You Never Said You Wanted Anything"...
Ask them. Maybe one gun means more to one than another. A Memory, a story. They may already know what they would like.

My dad purchased a Colt Trooper .357 with the blue finish back in the '60s. It was to be mine some day... that is until it was stolen when his house got robbed a week or so ago. They think they "know" the person that did it so hopefully they'll get it back.
Breaks my heart...
My step-mom lost all her heirloom jewelry in the incident as well but I was like "Never mind your jewelry, woman! What of the gun?!"
:wacko:
Link Removed
*Not the actual gun

Since there is a new generation of liberal democrats born every 12 to 14 years and it takes most conservatives 25 to 30 years to produce a new generation, I have taken pictures of my guns to pass on to my child since now that they are all registered, they will soon be seized and lost forever. At least he will have some pictures to look back at.....

Some yes, some no. A number of these are in my trust with my brothers, a couple the wife may want to keep, some will be sold, and some will probably be given to the NRA.

Well, if you want brutal honesty, I'll be dead. I won't care at that point. I don't live for the future and I don't worry about the past. Everything is NOW. The rest doesn't exist.

Well, if you want brutal honesty, I'll be dead. I won't care at that point. I don't live for the future and I don't worry about the past. Everything is NOW. The rest doesn't exist.
Has anyone ever told you that your positive outlook on life is contagious?

My wife and I both have one Maltese, but they think we live with them. Mine, pictured, is Sugar Bee. Our other fur baby is Clipper Marine. Both of our friends are named after the sailboat, a 1976 32' Clipper Marine, two masted racing cruiser, I imported to Nebraska from Southern California. The boat is named, you guessed it, Sugar Bee.

Link Removed

@Glock20--Actually I have a very positive outlook on life. I live it now. I don't stress over what might happen in the future and I give very little thought to the past. Neither one of those things exist. So I don't worry about them. Since I don't worry, I can direct my energies towards things that make me happy and enriches the lives of those around me.

@Glock20--Actually I have a very positive outlook on life. I live it now. I don't stress over what might happen in the future and I give very little thought to the past. Neither one of those things exist. So I don't worry about them. Since I don't worry, I can direct my energies towards things that make me happy and enriches the lives of those around me.

I remember some pretty stressful posts about not being employed back in February I think. Was that you lakeland man?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back