Will Frustrated Homeowners And Armed Posses Take Matters Into Their Own Hands?

This sucks. I know that around our place in IL several home specially those belonging to Indians have been robbed because the general thought is that Indians have a lot of gold in their house. Never mind that most people who have valuables also have safe deposit boxes.

I really don't like how he worded this:

"A 12-year-old girl down in Oklahoma may have been added to the growing list of dead victims if she had not been willing to shoot first and ask questions later."

It sends the wrong message. When someone is invading your home, there are no questions to ask first. She did exactly what she needed to do.

I do not think that homeowners will take matters into their own hands out of frustration. I think that the majority of people are seeing that the times are calling for them to, for lack of a better phrase, wake up. The socioeconomic climate of our country has dictated that people start to take responsibility for themselves. This is making them realize that they need to use the tools available to them to accomplish the ultimate goal, which is to be a good citizen, be a good father/mother/son/daughter/etc..., and all around live the American Dream. The silent majority aren't as sheepish as the vocal minority. They will not be outspoken on an issue, but if you push them they will eventually surprise you and do the right thing. Its the vocal minority that are pushing us to be tolerant and pushing the progressive entitlement agenda, the silent majority are the ones who will take responsibility for themselves, not out of frustration, but out of necessity.

I do not think that homeowners will take matters into their own hands out of frustration.
I'm going to take matters into my own hands out of frustration .... by not going to that web site ever again. The article they refer to says absolutely nothing about home invasions increasing. In fact, it takes pains to explain that the rise in crime is solely due to an increase in simple assaults, a crime that is so benign that the FBI doesn't even count it in their serious crime category.

"2011 may be worse than 2010, but it was also the second-best in recent history," said Northeastern University criminology professor James Alan Fox.

Posse time? Give me a break! I gotta go now. I feel another yawn coming on.

Unfortunate that election time and other agendas lead to hyperbole about such statistics. I hate to say it as someone who has made part of his living and career on statistics, but there are "lies, damn lies, and statistics" and the devil is in the details, as the linked articles show. Some folks seem motivated to see chaos and vigilantism- almost like they hope the SHTF.

Quite frankly, I do not to get frustrated and I do not expect LEO to be at my door in a second or in minutes. No frustration here - invade my house when I am there (or my wife, who also keeps a G17 handy) and you will be shot.

Don't near fear mongering and apocalyptic visions to motivate us to protect ourselves.

The police recently broke up the burglary ring masterminded by a woman in San Antonio. They were targeting the south side including my area. Now we have a rash of car break ins in the north side usually at apartment complexes. Probably another ring in operation.

I can't see myself patrolling the neighborhood. I expect my neighbors to protect themselves and I don't want to step into a situation where I do not know all the particulars. Never will I put a light bar on my vehicle unless I am an official part of the police department. No way am I going to make a prosecutor that happy. I can hear the questions now. I am a staunch proponent of defending yourself should the need arise. Remember that, should the day ever come where you do need to defend yourself, and having survived the altercation, you now need to survive the legal system. I have had family that was a volunteer auxiliary police officer. He received training and legal insurance from the police. By all means protect yourself but remember to protect yourself from the system also. Get training not only in how to handle your firearm but in the legal aspects of self defense as well.

Well said caribou. I only can defend myself and my sis. To get into other's business we don't know the particulars as you said. I hate to stand by and let someone else get hurt or killed but how do I know that a guy went after another guy with a gun because he molested his daughter or stabbed his son?

Im pretty frustrated with a rabbit that's been prowling outside my house. He sets the floodlight off, wasting 10 cents a night. Might have to take matters into my own hands.

Will I patrol the neighborhood to prevent break ins? No. Not my business. Will I respond with force to a break in at my own house? Definitely. If my neighbors want help, they can ask or they can buy a gun. But they better hurry up because their vote might seal their own fate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back