Why glocks run dirty

grmerrill

This is not my video! I found it tonight and thought I would share, this is strictly for entertainment, so please flame the guy in the video... not me.

Warning.... this is 16 minutes of your life you will not get back..... but it is so worth watching. This guy spouts profanity, so stay away if you will be offended.

I got an education from the video, not from the guy... I just feel smarter after listening to the guy.

Nice video

I have an xdm 9mm cant even put a 100 rounds through it with out it jaming. I oil the slide and it works for a while again. Hoping it will loosen up and do better the more i use it.
Wish I would have seen this video before I bought the XDM

Glocks are known for reliability. They are ugly, but they are dependable and not ammo finnicky. Some will "poo-poo" Glocks in the same way they will disparage whatever football team that is kick'n butt and kicked thier own teams a$$, ya know? Aren't ya glad we can freely express opinions here? :)

About the video, I could not listen to the mouthy idiot past the 5 minute point. If he's not an idiot his mouth is betraying him, he just sounds like a mouthy truck driver to me.

I watched the entire video thinking I was going to learn something. I spent half the time trying to figure out if he was an idiot or if I had just suffered a stroke and wasn't understanding what he was saying.

The only thing I really learned is that even though I know my HK like the back if my hand, I don't understand the mechanics of what keeps the slide attached to the frame. I know it us the take down lever but I can't picture in my head how. So at least the guy got me thinking.

Well he correct ask a glock armorer they barely need oil and they do run dirty. I noticed only non glock owners even posted.
You may not Like him or his style but he is correct.

Ooh yeah...what is this super high tech grease that comes on new glocks? Are you guys holding out on the rest of us?

Nice video

I have an xdm 9mm cant even put a 100 rounds through it with out it jaming. I oil the slide and it works for a while again. Hoping it will loosen up and do better the more i use it.
Wish I would have seen this video before I bought the XDM

Hmmm odd I put 300rds through my xdm 9mm on a regular basis and have never had a problem yet.

I don't understand why some people get so judgemental over the brand of gun one chooses.
Myself for example, borrowed a g19 from my cc instructor to take the course. I did ask him about how a glock is for reliability and will it hold up. His answer was, it will go bang everytime. Then I went shopping. I looked at xd, m&p and glock. To be honest, gander mountain was having a sale. So, I bought a g19. I figured this will do and I already knew how it would shoot. I also like the m&p very much. I have one of those also now, but carry the glock.

Shoot what you like and get over it.
If your choice of gun works dirty, good for you. I keep mine clean.

Ooh yeah...what is this super high tech grease that comes on new glocks? Are you guys holding out on the rest of us?

Crisco, but don't tell anybody or the Reptiloid Aliens from Alpha Draconis will be keeping you under observation. And if you mention the alien surveillance the Men in Black will be paying you a visit. >Rim shot<

But seriously folks... In one class the instructor insisted that I use the manual trigger safety on my Steyr S9 which is non-ergonomic to the point of risking AD for me. So I borrowed a Glock of the same size from a friend. I could not get through a magazine without a malf with the Glock. Maybe an angel whizzed in the touch hole but the Glock worked for the owner and not for me. Lots of people like Glocks, and their undeniable success speaks for itself. Just make sure any gun you buy works for you.

Does not matter what you shoot I could care less, there many good firearms the point was glocks do not need much oil or lube to run well. Many others do better while being much more lubed then a glock.
In that point he is correct weather you like him or his style or verbiage.

Well he correct ask a glock armorer they barely need oil and they do run dirty. I noticed only non glock owners even posted.
You may not Like him or his style but he is correct.
Wrong. I'm a former Glock owner.

Glocks are -typical- for a modern handgun.

New Glocks come with a hard copper-based lube (reminds me of teflon) that will ultimately wear off - no need to clean it off. You can sometimes find it left over in a used one you buy. If so, you know it hasn't been fired a great deal.
On all mine, I use a Q-tip soaked in CLP and hit 6 points just like the manual says, and lightly coat the exterior of the barrel and even less on the inside of the barrel.
The theory is less lubricant causes less accumulation of powder residue and attraction of general dirt, etc. You can actually fire a Glock completely dry, but it will wear certain internal parts faster.
And although I'm from the old school and always clean after shooting, I know a few guys that don't clean them but once a month or some such.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back