Why does Glock not make a compact 10mm?

jcreek

They make a sub but not a compact? I've never understood that. I love 10mm but I'm not a fan of full frame pistols and a sub-compact 10mm doesn't sound like a lot of fun to shoot. I would buy the crap out of mid-size frame though.

If I had to take a guess, it is not a common caliber among police departments. Therefore, the market is relatively small for all 10 mm compared to the 9mm, .40, and .45.

Get police departments on board with 10mm and I'm sure you'll see all three sizes available.

If I had to take a guess, it is not a common caliber among police departments. Therefore, the market is relatively small for all 10 mm compared to the 9mm, .40, and .45.

Get police departments on board with 10mm and I'm sure you'll see all three sizes available.

That's too bad.. I don't see cops getting on board any time soon. Especially since the cartridge was developed for the FBI then rejected because they're all pansies and couldn't handle the recoil. Oh well, looks like I'm gettin me a Kimber then..poor me. ;)

They make a sub but not a compact? I've never understood that. I love 10mm but I'm not a fan of full frame pistols and a sub-compact 10mm doesn't sound like a lot of fun to shoot. I would buy the crap out of mid-size frame though.

Glock's only compact or midsized .45 is in GAP. Which is why I went with a M&P .45c. I've shot the subcompact .45 and wasn't a fan...can't imagine shooting a 10mm pocket rocket would be a lot of fun!

The so called "subcompact" G29 is almost identical in size to the "compact" G19. The The G29 is slightly thicker but almost all all other dimensions are within .25 inches of each other. So either the G29 should be called compact or the G19 should be a subcompact. Glock has mis labeled one of them. You decide which one. I have a G29SF and have done the comparison myself.

The so called "subcompact" G29 is almost identical in size to the "compact" G19. The The G29 is slightly thicker but almost all all other dimensions are within .25 inches of each other. So either the G29 should be called compact or the G19 should be a subcompact. Glock has mis labeled one of them. You decide which one. I have a G29SF and have done the comparison myself.

If that's true then how come the 29 only holds 10+1 when my 23 holds 13+1? Same caliber bullet and same size frame should mean same capacity shouldn't it? Wish I had one in front of me to look at lol.

here's a pic comparing the G30 and the G19. The G29 and the G30 are the same frame. You decide the size difference.

Some of comments may be a little off the mark. Glocks are full, subcompact, and compact. The G29 is subcompact and the same exact platform as the G30. In .40 the G22 is full, G23 sub, G27 compact. No, they don't make a compact 10mm and probably because it would be too hard to handle ie. get on target with followup shots, and just stabilize it after the blast, etc.. I carried a G29 for a while, but target reacquisition was lousy due to barrel rise from the recoil (compensated? maybe better, don't know). I carry a G30 with no problem - good penetration, big hole, and manageable for that second and third shot. I use to carry a G23, which is the same platform as the G19, but opted for the G30 since it is almost the same size, a little fatter as was mentioned, but makes a decidedly bigger hole with similar penetration - the loss of 3 available rounds was acceptable.
I hunt with a G20 under a red dot sight, using Winchester Silver Tips, and that usually drops them in their tracks - the 10mm is great for that.

Some of comments may be a little off the mark. Glocks are full, subcompact, and compact. The G29 is subcompact and the same exact platform as the G30. In .40 the G22 is full, G23 sub, G27 compact. No, they don't make a compact 10mm and probably because it would be too hard to handle ie. get on target with followup shots, and just stabilize it after the blast, etc.. I carried a G29 for a while, but target reacquisition was lousy due to barrel rise from the recoil (compensated? maybe better, don't know). I carry a G30 with no problem - good penetration, big hole, and manageable for that second and third shot. I use to carry a G23, which is the same platform as the G19, but opted for the G30 since it is almost the same size, a little fatter as was mentioned, but makes a decidedly bigger hole with similar penetration - the loss of 3 available rounds was acceptable.
I hunt with a G20 under a red dot sight, using Winchester Silver Tips, and that usually drops them in their tracks - the 10mm is great for that.

I understand your point but your terminology is a little backwards. The g23 is a compact (mid-sized) and the the g27 is the sub-compact (i.e. smaller than compact). Now they call the G29 a sub-compact, meaning their smallest frame model in that caliber. Even if the G29 frame is bigger than some of the other subcompacts I was just asking why they don't have anything in between this frame size and the full. I definitely don't want anything SMALLER than a G29.

If you recall, the FBI tried the 10MM a while back. It didn't take them long to figure out it wasn't going to work for them.
I guess you could call the 40 a 10MM lite.

If you recall, the FBI tried the 10MM a while back. It didn't take them long to figure out it wasn't going to work for them.
I guess you could call the 40 a 10MM lite.

.40 S&W = .40 short & weak. Or so I've heard lol. I love the cartridge but still want to step up the power a little bit. The FBI are a bunch of pansies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back