Why aren't these guns more popular?

cluznar

I can't understand why the .327 magnum and .32 H&R magnum are not more popular. These two revolvers are very good. Will do well for home defense and also for carry. They will take down an intruder in your home. Much better than using a .380.
:dirol:

I can't understand why the .327 magnum and .32 H&R magnum are not more popular. These two revolvers are very good. Will do well for home defense and also for carry. They will take down an intruder in your home. Much better than using a .380.

May be it's the general lack of availability, high cost and poor performance? I see that you are still on your quest to convert the nation to small handgun calibers with piss-poor performance. Good luck with that. In my case, any home intruder will have to deal with 8 rounds of 12GA #4 Buckshot out of a semi-auto shotgun. With 27 .24-caliber pellets per round, that will take him down pretty fast.

I think it is the cost and availability of both ammo and the guns. I shoot 9mm, 380 and 38 special (not counting 22). I can wander down to the closest Walmart and find reasonably priced ammo for all of them. The guns are also easier to find and they are more reasonably priced.

When a buddy recommended the Ruger SP101 in Federal .327mag, I went with a different caliber simply because it sounded like a rare ammunition that's both hard to find and expensive.

People tend to stick with what they're familiar with.

Seems every one has to have the latest and greatest. In recent years the 9MM, .40, .45 cals have been most used. Since most police and military contracts were won by Glock, it was the gun to have. Now there is word that the military and police are looking for a different source. So I'd be willing to bet that Glock sales will decline and the "next big thing" is what everyone will just have to have. People.....go figure.

Seems every one has to have the latest and greatest. In recent years the 9MM, .40, .45 cals have been most used. Since most police and military contracts were won by Glock, it was the gun to have. Now there is word that the military and police are looking for a different source. So I'd be willing to bet that Glock sales will decline and the "next big thing" is what everyone will just have to have. People.....go figure.
Let me guess, SR9, your contacts in congress told you all about this, right? Give me a break.:rolleyes:

According to this link from my earlier thread:

Army boss takes aim at bureaucracy over sidearm choices | Fox News

The military doesn't have contracts with Glock.

One of my TC Contender barrels is chambered in 32 H&R. I really like it and would consider a revolver in this if one was available, but it would not be my first choice as a SD caliber.

Howdy,

One of my TC Contender barrels is chambered in 32 H&R. I really like it and would consider a revolver in this if one was available, but it would not be my first choice as a SD caliber.

I always felt that the .32 Mag and now the .327 Mag would make a nice hunting handgun for javalinas, coyotes, and similar sized game.

A scoped Ruger Blackhawk or SP101 w/ 7 1/2" to 8 3/8" barrel would be nice kinda of like the old Magna-Port Stalker .44 Mag.

As an SD gun? Maybe as a pocket revolver but that would be about it.

Had gun? Nope. I'll stick with a 12ga shotgun.

Paul

The proven resident gun control freak and his pathetic choice in calibers ...

Still at it Conrad?

If you aren't armed with at least a .45 then I suggest you stay indoors with your mommy and leave the gunwork to the real men.

I guess they are all popular to me,I have pistols and two 12 gauge shotguns.

Two 1911 45 an RIA & SA
Three 40 Cal. Taurus Mill.PT140 G2,M&P 40 Shield ,& S&W40VE
Three 9x19mm Taurus Mill.PT111 G2 Glock 17,Ruger 9E
One EAA .38 Special .357 MAG
Taurus.38 SPL+P....................THAT'S NOT ALL OF MY PISTOLS!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back