Who to ask in California?

Malachi

Ok, I've tried researching for myself on the legality of open carry while hiking in national forest and on fire roads in California and still confused.

can anyone recommend an attorney in California that would know the answer?

Brown just outlawed any open carry and the open carry that was allowed did not allow you to have your gun loaded! Waste of time bringing a gun here! You could end up in jail!

On fire roads or any roads in the USFS or BLM lands, your rifle must be chamber-empty although it may be magazine-well loaded. But your handgun must be completely unloaded, locked in a box or the trunk, with a trigger lock as well, and no ammo connected to it in any way, unless you have an LTC for the handgun issued by a sheriff or a police chief somewhere.

On foot in the USFS or BLM lands, you may open-carry loaded any rifle or handgun or shotgun. The exception being the USFS office or any federal building there.

I am not an attorney but I hunt with a friend who is.

I tried calguns and, while there were some threads in forum, they are not legal advice.

I really need to find an attorney that knows the laws and the case laws.

Is a criminal defense attorney the right ones to go to?

Brown just outlawed any open carry and the open carry that was allowed did not allow you to have your gun loaded! Waste of time bringing a gun here! You could end up in jail!

I read that law and it seemed to make an exception if in unincorporated areas where shooting is not totally illegal, and hunting is legal in national forest, .but I am not sure, that's why I need an attorney.

The California law states that if you are in an unincorporated area (means not within the city limits) where shooting is not prohibited, then you may open carry loaded, as in hunting.

Try the Open Carry Forum:

Link Removed

They cover this better than Cal Guns.

The calguns site has a FAQ that specifically answers your question. I'd do it for you but teach a man to fish and all that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back