Who has had a gun pulled on them

viperman

I was wondering how many folks have had a gun pulled on them before and after getting a CCW.
My self... When living in California TWICE for me. first time was a armed robbery(1 BG), second was a Car Jacking (3 BG). Both times happend in good areas of town. No...I did not have a permit either time because the county I lived in did NOT issue permits. After moving to Missouri I never felt the need to get Permit till a while ago. things are changing here too, and speaking from real experience....YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT WILL HAPPEN.

A few times, when I worked in armed security. Very exciting at first, then later unnerving. I learned from those experiences just how fast things can go to heck, and how well and fast I can react to a threat. Luckily I never had to shoot but there were times I had a good press on the trigger. There are a few people walking around today only because of a pound of pressure and a fraction of an inch, and in a couple cases because I went hands on and neutralized the threat. It's true what's said, there are no rules in a fight for your life.

I had one pointed at my head at work a number of years ago. Very good neighborhood, quite surprising. Still an hour before closing, but 2 masked gunmen burst in the door. We all thought it was a joke at first, that kind of thing just never happens around there. No joke though...

They had the drop on us good. Eventually, they both turned their attention to the other guy working that night, but by that time they had me on the ground in the back. Given the surprise, positioning/spacing, etc, a CCW wouldn't have helped me. They caught us at the worst possible (for us). Typically there's a guy in the backroom, or someplace not directly visible from the door. CCW *might* have been helpful there.

The lessen I pulled from that was that I should get my CCW. It might not always be useful, but better to have it for the case when I might be able to use it than to NOT have it!

I've had guns pulled on me a few times and have been a target of a professional; (who missed with a rifle and a car bomb).

I've also got caught up in a crossfire and had bullets wiz by so close to my head that I felt my hair move.

Yeah, I have.

The muzzle of a shotgun being parked a foot from the tip of your nose is an experience you don't soon forget. (For the record, it looked to be about as big as some of those tunnels out in CO.)

Even the .22 that was shoved in my face a little later looked like you could turn a 18 wheeler around in it with room to spare.

As a pizza delivery girl, I had an old fart road rage on me at a red light by getting out of his rattletrap truck, reach under the seat, pull out a handgun and wave it back at me.

Screw Domino's corporate policy. I packed from that day to the day I no longer worked there, which wasn't that long a period of time, but my leaving had nothing to do with my carrying a gun, which no one there ever knew.

My neighbor pulled a gun on me a few months back but it was just a case of him being an idiot

Link Removed

Just got home from work, as usual the neighbor’s dog greeted me as I got out of the car. So, I walked over and scratched her ears. She got out of the fence, ran about 2 steps, yelped and dropped like a rock. I still don’t know what happened but she got up, seemed like she was fine went back in the fence and refused to come back near the gate. I decided her behavior was odd enough to inform the neighbor but not tonight.

About that time I heard the neighbor calling her and decided since he was up anyway I’d tell him about it. Rather than walk out of the dark onto his well lit patio I announced my self and blinked my light.

Next thing I know I’m looking down the barrel of his firestorm .45 ACP (nice gun BTW) I turned my flash (Streamlight Skorpion 114 lumens) back on shined it right in his eyes and said “Put the gun down “ PUT.. IT…. DOWN. I could tell by the look in his eyes he was blinded and he put the gun down very slowly and showed his hands. (He told me he thought I was a cop) Then I, very clearly, identified myself, stepped forward and asked him to show me his new piece and found out that he had heard a noise in the back yard and was investigating.

I got three things out of this

1. I should have called out and identified myself

2. He was investigating “the noise” W/out a round in the chamber I could have had him a dozen times before he even knew I was there if I had malicious intent

3. He was on a well lit patio and had no night vision. He had even less when I bright beamed him.

I don’t know that there’s a moral to the story but it woke me up

I've had guns pulled on me a few times and have been a target of a professional; (who missed with a rifle and a car bomb).

I've also got caught up in a crossfire and had bullets wiz by so close to my head that I felt my hair move.

What?! How did you get a hitman on your tail? I'd love to read the story if you don't mind sharing.

My neighbor pulled a gun on me a few months back but it was just a case of him being an idiot

Link Removed

Just got home from work, as usual the neighbor’s dog greeted me as I got out of the car. So, I walked over and scratched her ears. She got out of the fence, ran about 2 steps, yelped and dropped like a rock. I still don’t know what happened but she got up, seemed like she was fine went back in the fence and refused to come back near the gate. I decided her behavior was odd enough to inform the neighbor but not tonight.

About that time I heard the neighbor calling her and decided since he was up anyway I’d tell him about it. Rather than walk out of the dark onto his well lit patio I announced my self and blinked my light.

Next thing I know I’m looking down the barrel of his firestorm .45 ACP (nice gun BTW) I turned my flash (Streamlight Skorpion 114 lumens) back on shined it right in his eyes and said “Put the gun down “ PUT.. IT…. DOWN. I could tell by the look in his eyes he was blinded and he put the gun down very slowly and showed his hands. (He told me he thought I was a cop) Then I, very clearly, identified myself, stepped forward and asked him to show me his new piece and found out that he had heard a noise in the back yard and was investigating.

I got three things out of this

1. I should have called out and identified myself

2. He was investigating “the noise” W/out a round in the chamber I could have had him a dozen times before he even knew I was there if I had malicious intent

3. He was on a well lit patio and had no night vision. He had even less when I bright beamed him.

I don’t know that there’s a moral to the story but it woke me up

Sounds like one of those dudes who should not have a gun, just as likely to shoot himself

Twice for me . first time was adrive by sending buttets whistling by my head . The second time waswhen Two dudes were collecting from another guy and the pulled there guns to keep us back so they could persude this guy to pay money back.

Sounds like one of those dudes who should not have a gun, just as likely to shoot himself

I've had this debate numerous times on gunrightsmedia.com (Oleg Volk's new website) If you follow the link I've posted you'll find he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

A few weeks back he pulled the same trick on a cop who was investigating a shooting outside his house and got face planted for his trouble

While in Israel I had to take shelter in a bomb shelter because of rockets being fired from Lebanon. Here(in USA) Ive had 3 times a gun was pointed at me all before I had a CPL In 2 of the instances and not being armed I was able to defuse the situation by growing feathers(being chicken) and getting the ^%##$ out of there. The other time I was shot at but not hit. I was armed and while Im still not allowed to say much but I made out ok even after it was investigated. My decision to get a CPL was in part due to these instances but there were other factors as well.

Couldn't have been that much of a pro if you are still sucking air.

After three combat tours (USMC) I ended up being held up at gunpoint in a parking garage in Chicago in 1987. Needless to say, being Chi town, I had no weapon. They got $150 and three credit cards that I cancelled before they ever got to use them. Two perps and they were smart enough to keep distance on me. More than the actual weapon I was terrified that I had absolutely no control of the situation. I am much more into situational awareness these days!

Twice

Once by two police officers in Atlantic City NJ. I was in my 20's riding in back seat of friends car. Driver turned down a one way street, cops hit his take down lights. We stopped the cops jumped out of car weapons drawn as they approach our vehicle. Still don't know why......... They checked our licenses and listen to us explain we weren't from the area and just needed directions to hwy. We were all in the Coast Guard so they holstered weapons and gave us directions to hwy. :wacko:

Second time a friend of mine was stationed in Florida. I sold my Browning 9mm to a him, he offered to buy me some beer to close the deal. While we were in the bar I said lets do this deal, he said ok. We were in his vehicle, I handed him the pistol in its soft case, (no ammo) plus the bill of sale for him to sign. We then heard a knock at both side windows. I looked right, face to face with a drawn weapon pointed at my head. We were instructed to open the doors slowly - hands up - ect........... It was three DEA agents who had been in the bar, they heard me say lets do the deal. They thought they were busting a drug deal or something. The bill of sale explained everything and we all had a laugh. We all went back in the bar for a few drinks.

Thank god we weren't shot by a newbie LEO.

Chap

At a Wedding !

Mine was @ my Sisters Wedding , and the guy was the Grooms brother-in-law (idiot) because he didn't look around him when he pulled !There was 6 Brothers of mine around use and if you can picture 7 guys me in cluded over 6 foot 4in. and I know size don't mean much most time but this time lucky for me. Oh I left out all are vintage Iron workers mukeled on to him , and you know the saying thought it was a good idea ! Well you know what thought did ,thought he farted but sh*t himself and I will leave out the end of the store if you have a imagination !!!

This goes back to 1972 when I was just 17. Me and two friends were in a mall shopping and we kept getting approached by individuals from group of urban type people close to our age. The wanted to sell us weed or a bicycle or whatever else they thought we might be interested in. One of the guys I was with grew tired of them approaching him so he told them that I was the one with the money (yeah, thanks a lot). We decided to make our way back to my car and were aware of their following us. Once outside the youngest of the group approached as we were getting in my car. The others remained back by the mall entrance. He pulled a snubbie, aimed it me and said he wanted our money. He looked to be about as scared as I was and without thinking I jumped in the car and we drove off leaving him standing there.

I was driving through a rough area of town for work and a guy thought I tried to cut him off. I was already having a bad day so when he started yelling at me I yelled right back. So we are driving side by side down a major road yelling at each other when he opens his console and says "you dont want me to pull this out". Being in a fury as I was I responded by shouting Go ahead and pull it out you @$$#$%!!". So he pulls out his pistol and points it in my direction. I decided to call his bluff and told him to go ahead and shoot me. He got a defeated look on his face and sped off.

I wouldnt react like this EVER again, mostly because I have a family now. I was 19 at the time and feeling particularly brave that day I guess. I can look back and laugh about it now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back