Which gun is better?

molon labe

Im thinking of getting a new pistol but i can't decide if i want the s&w m&p or the beretta storm any sugesstions?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using USA Carry mobile app

I hear good things about the military and police models S&W However P.Berretta has Always been a good name and I have never had a problem with them. where as I have had issues with a few S&W models. ( of course they were sigs...Sooooo... I guess they dont count!) I wish I could be more help but both are good carry guns I hear and worthy of owning... My opinion... get em both! Then see which you carry more! Ha.

Have you held either of them yet? Have you shot either of them yet?

If the answer is no to either or both, I would do that first before making a decision. Both marques are well established and reliable, but it comes down to what feels best for you and which you can handle better.

They are both excellent, great shooting pistols. I looked closely at them both and went with the M&P for one simple reason. With the 3 grip sizes that come with it, I could get a near perfect fit for my hand.

Im thinking of getting a new pistol but i can't decide if i want the s&w m&p or the beretta storm any sugesstions?

I look at it like this, buy the S&W you're putting Americans to work. Buy the Beretta and you're putting Italians to work.

I believe in Karma

I look at it like this, buy the S&W you're putting Americans to work. Buy the Beretta and you're putting Italians to work.
not quite true, many berretta pistols are made in MD, which the last time I checked is still here in the USA

I have owned a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact and own the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm in a full size. I sold the Storm for one reason - it has an inconsistent trigger pull that I feel could cause problems in a life threatening situation. The trigger pull of an M&P will always be the same but with the Storm you'll need to adjust after the first shot fired from a double action trigger to a single action. In terms of reliability I've never had a problem with either.

beretta comes in different actions

I have the m&p shield, and a px4 storm compact 40s&w and a full size px4 9mm. The full size has the constant action... So the trigger pull is the same every time. So if a consistent trigger pull is what you want, you can still have it in the px4 so it is still in the running. I carry them all on different ocations. My answer is.... Buy them both!

Very different guns, both very good. Striker fired vs. DA/SA, I prefer the DA/SA YMMV. M&P definitely has better aftermarket support, so you can tweak it to your style. If you go with the Beretta, use a little grease on the locking block instead of oil. The rotating barrel will thank you.

Very different guns, both very good. Striker fired vs. DA/SA, I prefer the DA/SA YMMV. M&P definitely has better aftermarket support, so you can tweak it to your style. If you go with the Beretta, use a little grease on the locking block instead of oil. The rotating barrel will thank you.

I use grease on the slide too.

I have owned a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact and own the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm in a full size. I sold the Storm for one reason - it has an inconsistent trigger pull that I feel could cause problems in a life threatening situation. The trigger pull of an M&P will always be the same but with the Storm you'll need to adjust after the first shot fired from a double action trigger to a single action. In terms of reliability I've never had a problem with either.

Cut It Out! Life threatening situations exacerbated by a double action single action trigger. Now I have heard everything.

With the M&P you get 3 grip inserts and 2 mags, one flat and one extended. So you can set it up to fit almost every hand.
They seem do digest about anything you want to run through it.
Yes, I have a soft spot for the M&P. But to be honest I have not shot the Storm. If the Storm is anything like the 92 I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

If it slides grease it, if it rotates oil it.

In HELL Everyone Is A Believer...It's Just Too Late.

That's what I was always taught, but you have grease in wheel bearings. Grease stays where you put it, and all over your arms, how does that always happen? Some people who hate the rotating barrel, (ahem) Todd Green, claimed in their classes the guns (some LE Storm, Maryland I think) would lock up even when well oiled because it would flow out and dry out when shooting high round count courses. Haters gonna hate, I hear he has come around to understanding the 1911 is an excellent design. There is hope for him.

Not to get to far off subject, his blog has some excellent practice drills. Link Removed

I would use grease on the Storm rotating barrel. Also remember that in gunfights a person usually only shoots 1 to 5 rounds so you don't have to worry about shooting 100 rounds. :dirol:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using USA Carry mobile app

That's like asking "which is better, Ford or Chevy?" They are both great, but until you shoot both, you won't know which is best for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back