where do you get the crystal ball needed?

thru

Banned
to tell you when it's ok to have nothing more than a shotgun, bolt action, or .22, post shtf? I mean, are the looters gonnna let you call "time out" and go get the "right gun for the job"? :) Are you going to carry a shotgun, a .22, a 3006 bolt and an AK and a backpack everywhere? Come on, we all know that you can't. So you get stuck with nothing more than a 30ak, and then you must try to make a .22 handgun suffice when you get a shot at a dog, a raptor, skunk, etc, that is preying upon YOUR game and birds. With a 223 autorifle, you make a 20 second swap of parts, use the .22lr conversion unit for the "small time" shot, immediately swap back to the 223 softpoints. If you suddenly need the rifle it's highly likely that you will need more than the .22.

Guys TALK like having "only" a silenced .22 autorifle, with a 30 rd mag, is the same as having your gun out of commission! That's a crock,too. Also, practicing with that 22 handgun won't make you faster to hit with your fighting rifle. Indeed, practicing with your 1022 won't help your AK gunhandling much, if at all. the sights, safety, mag release, and "feel" are too different.

I got my Crystal ball from your basement...it was sitting right next to your call of duty guide and your command center. I made sure to be quiet as to not wake your mom.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I'm 61, and I've forgotten more about guns and shooting than you will ever learn. Count on it.

It isn't the shotgun, or the rifle, or the handgun, or the bow & arrow, or the knife, or the sharp stick, or the rock, that is the weapon. The weapon is the mind of a determined person who will use a rock to get a sharp stick ...and use the sharp stick to get a knife... and use the knife to get a bow and arrow... and use the bow and arrow to get one or more of the guns mentioned.

The greatest weapon is the mind of a determined person willing to use whatever is at hand. No crystal ball needed.

Sorry your word means less than whale **** to me. I wouldn't count on anything you say, and it only took me 1.5 seconds to figure that out.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Since you mentioned AK gun-handling, I'll put in my advice for no-cost muscle memory training: Snap Caps

I use snap caps in a few mags for reloading drills. I'll stuff 'em in the vest and run through the motions, I'll take the vest off and stuff a mag in the back pocket for some drills and I'll do the same with mag clamps. I've got Snap Caps in every caliber I own, so I can run drills with everything. Another thing I've learned, the fundamentals stay with you... even without daily or weekly training. I only get to "go hot" about once a month, if I'm lucky... but, after one or two warm ups before the live-action I'm right where I need to be.

For the record: Typical CCW/Self Defense shooting scenarios are nothing like a combat engagement. The dynamics, tactics and resulting violent responses require different things.

not at the level shtf will require. see you THINK that there's some group of people who are going to do what you say, but I know better. What will happen is some resentful little azzhat will poison or shoot you. the military teaches you exactly nothing about what to do with dependants as part of teh problem. they see to it that dependents AINT around. I've come within 1/4 second of killing men several times, if theyd twitched, they'd be dead. combat, at the military level is all about GROUP work, completeing a "mission", the onnly mission for shtf is not lose your stuff and not let any of your people get hurt. Miltary stuff allows for "acceptable losses". just how many casulties are "acceptable" amongst your loved ones, hmm?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back