Where can I find .380 ammo for my Ruger LCP?

kingofthedemo

I just bought a Ruger LCP and I cannot find .380 ammo anywhere, has anyone else had the same experience?

Link Removed Ammoman has some Russian stuff in if you don't mind buying Russian ammo. They usually get other things in as well, not just Russian.

.380 was in short supply for a long time. It seems as though it is making a comeback. Do I have anything helpful to say?... no. although... have you tried the local walmart? Mine has an abundance.

I've just bought a Taurus 738-TCP and I've quickly discovered for myself that you can find ammo for it online quicker than you can locally, finding good pocket holsters for my TCP is even more difficult. :fie:

My local gun shops have plenty of it. I'd stay away from the big guys like Walmart and Cabelas simply because they seem to run out quicker.

The range I go to has it. Otherwise, it would be on on-line resource, because no one else does. Well, there actually was a lot to be found at the last gun show I went to, but it would be cheaper ordering on-line and paying the s&h charges.

.380 was in short supply for a long time. It seems as though it is making a comeback. Do I have anything helpful to say?... no. although... have you tried the local walmart? Mine has an abundance.

Thanks for the info guys! My Wal-Mart hasn't had 380 in months what town is your Wal-mart in?

Link Removed - Ammunition To Go has a nice selection. The prices are coming down a bit but still pricey. I just bought two 50 round boxes of .380 Auto Federal LE Tactical Hydra-Shok 90gr. HP Ammo at $39.95 per box. When most online places are out of .380 auto Ammunition To Go seems to usually have some good stuff. From purchase date to delivery it was 4 days - not bad. I would love to find some locally but where I live seems to be a black hole for pistol ammo.

I've just bought a Taurus 738-TCP and I've quickly discovered for myself that you can find ammo for it online quicker than you can locally, finding good pocket holsters for my TCP is even more difficult. :fie:

Congrates on the 738, my wife and I have two, we both ankle carry, we have a local guy that makes a real nice vecro holster, I use a small unkle mikes if I pocket carry, on the gun we are tickled with ours they seem to like just about any ammo, I have not tryed aluminum case stuff, I would try it if somebody had some but not going to buy a box and have them jam up the gun, but just about everything else works great, fortunatly we don't shoot them a lot, we have other stuff to carry and take to the range, and getting 380 ammo can be a real pain, whenever I see some at any kind of reasonable price, i get a box or two, and theres a dozen or so on line places, you just got to shop for a good price

You have to be at Walmart when the 3rd shift stocking crew comes in and brings the stuff out because when it hits the shelf its probaably moving quick. I know exactly when they bring it to my store usually and can be there late at night to nab it quick.

A few places to keep an eye on

Found some in stock at buds

PMC 380 ACP Target 90 Grain Full Metal Jacket for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $19.00

Also here are a couple in stock at cheaperThanDirt

Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

Also try MidWayUSA

Link Removed

Which walmart is that? My walmart has not carried it for 6 months. Good thing I didn't buy the Diamondback DB380....
BTW you are stationed at Walter Reed? I trained there, myself.

Wal Mart can be hit or miss, and it depends on which Wal Mart too. Otherwise, their prices are cheap. It's hard to beat a 100 box of Winchester FMJ 380 for $32! I try to stop a few extra times in hopes of getting lucky with the ammo selection. I just bought a box of 50 federal FMJ there for $9.47!

WalMart usually only gets about 3 or 4 boxes at a time from the warehouse. Unless you happen to be there when the stockers put it on the shelf it's unlikely you'll get it from WalMart. At my WalMart the stock guys calls his "buds" and is really slow to put it out until they get there, if you know what I mean.

Both my local gun shops usually have 1 box limit. Last week they took down the limit sign and had a whole shelf full.

I stop at my local Walmart when ever I go to the gym, a few days a week. About once a month they'll be a few boxes and UI always grab it.

Andy

Congrates on the 738, my wife and I have two, we both ankle carry, we have a local guy that makes a real nice vecro holster, I use a small unkle mikes if I pocket carry, on the gun we are tickled with ours they seem to like just about any ammo, I have not tryed aluminum case stuff, I would try it if somebody had some but not going to buy a box and have them jam up the gun, but just about everything else works great, fortunatly we don't shoot them a lot, we have other stuff to carry and take to the range, and getting 380 ammo can be a real pain, whenever I see some at any kind of reasonable price, i get a box or two, and theres a dozen or so on line places, you just got to shop for a good price

ya, its a nice little toy but if your going to carry it you better find out how dependable it really is, because when you need it, it will jam, will not fire and will not eject like every other shell. had mine for 4 months already and got about 400 rounds thru it, first 100 or so it was good then the last 100 it started to miss fire or slide staying open, shells would not eject , primer was dented but shell miss fired, on almost every clip i put thru it..guess what the little toy is back at the factory and they have had it for three weeks as of yesterday and just got a letter in the mail stating its going to be another 5-6 week. hope it can be fixed so its dependable enough to carry..other wise will have to sell it and go back to the LCP..
read the blogs on the 738 tcp.:angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back