Wheelchair Conceal Carry

j19d5000

Hi my name is Jeremy. I am in a wheelchair. I carry concealed because it draws less attention. I am looking for new ways to conceal. I do not wear belts. They are uncomfortable sitting down all day. So any one with experience have any suggestions.

Thanks

Buddy of mine uses a shoulder holster while in his power chair, says that works best for him. He weighs in the 290 - 300 pound group.

You didn't specify which type of chair, (i.e. manual, power, Hoveround, etc.) but have you thought about a holster attached to the chair?
Concealment could be by a lap blanket, or...

The "Trump Card" from PT-One works as a shoulder holster.
I use one with the 45 or 9mm under a light jacket in the evening.

It is a manual chair. I have thought about one that goes right in front of the wheel on the right side from the top frame bar down to the bottom frame bar.

i too am in a wheel chair and have tried many different ways to carry, shoulder holsters, fanny packs holsters at 2,3 4 5 oclock. the best method i have found is strong side 4 oclock just far back enough the side and part of the back of the chair covers the grip nicely. in fact i often carry this way with no cover garment. the only other way that was comfy for me was the dreaded fanny pack, which at about 11oclock was actually comfy and fast to draw. of course as always ymmv. also dont be too paranoid about carry in your chair, some school once did a study where a girl went through a large mall in a wheel chair, then went through again in the same chair while wearing clown makeup! less than 1% of the people asked noticed !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back