Whats the real Death Toll?

I have never seen the particular poster in question troll on this board. Could you please point to the particular post or posting where that person has trolled?

My deepest apologies G50AE, that was not directed at you. This is what happens when i read and post from the freaking htc evo phone, even though is clicked on one quote button, the touch screen selected another member.

I served 20years. was in during 3 different wars/conflicts. my thought is...if u didn't serve, i don't want to hear ur opinion about anything involving the military. .....
I will have to disagree with you. I didn't serve but that does not mean I know nothing of the military. You see, you just cutoff all comments from the military dependents. You also cutoff comments from civilians who work(ed) for/with the military. Those in the military aren't the only ones affected by someone in the service.

I will have to disagree with you. I didn't serve but that does not mean I know nothing of the military. You see, you just cutoff all comments from the military dependents. You also cutoff comments from civilians who work(ed) for/with the military. Those in the military aren't the only ones affected by someone in the service.

Amen! (Grandfather on father's side - WWII and Korea, Grandfather on mother's side - WWII in service of Der Fuhrer, Father - Viet Nam). In this country, I don't see where any of the Constitution or its amendments have military service as a prerequisite. As an armed citizen and member of the unorganized militia of this country, I have as much right as anyone to comment on anything that my tax dollars are funding. And the Military sucks a heck of a lot of money out of my paycheck each year.

G50ae

@G50AE what a dumbass! and to think that you have a gun, YOU are the EXACT reason why countries don't allow their citizens to carry guns, dumb ******* prick!

My dad served in WWII and Korea. He later went on to own his own business and then retire from Sears. He never graduated from high school but was still able to provide for his wife and 3 kids without whining about how tough things were. He was blue collar all the way and made his own success. He never really talked about either war.

Yes, our veterans should be shown respect, but so should many other workers who make our lives more civilized. What I do have against the treatment of our veterans is the how our wounded and disabled are treated when they get home. From what I hear (and I don't have all the facts), they are not treated as well as some of us who get hurt or disabled in the private and public sector service jobs. That is wrong and needs to be corrected. Our veterans have made a contract with this country, and I think the country needs to uphold its end of the bargain since the veterans have shown their willingness to uphold theirs.

Again, I mean no disrespect to veterans. They should be shown respect and lots of it. I just don't believe that it should be at the expense of others who also serve this country outside of the military. /QUOTE.

PUNCH: There are a lot of veterans on here but I haven't seen many waving their flags and saying, "Look at me, I'm a veteran." Generally, the only ones I have heard bragging about what heroes they have been are those who probably never heard a shot fired. Those are the "wannabe heroes" who try to steal other men's glory. Being a veteran does not entitle one to much these days. For $2.50, I can get a cup of coffee just like anyone else and don't have to show my DD 214. Nobody cares who I was at any given time in my life and I don't feel the necessity to tell them. Next to me at the counter can be a policeman, garbage man or some others who "serve this country" as you said. But, please don't discount the service that these people are giving in the military. If it weren't for them volunteering, there would definitely be a draft. As for going to "other people's countries and killing them", it is our government who sends the military to other countries. Damn few military people want to go to war but they are willing to do so as American citizens. If you don't like that, help change the government and keep our troops at home. I don't know if you ever served or not. If you had, you might have a different attitude. By the way, if it hadn't been for our military all these years, you might not be able to sit at your computer and rail about them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back