what to do to defend my residence in missouri

tec380

I live in missouri.man in jail for threatning me.on felony unlawful use of weopen.a knife im a ccw holder he says when he gets out (maybe) on the 19th he says he is going to burn my house down....input please.

Do you have neighbors that would help keep an eye on your property? Do the police know of the threats? Lets hope the dirt bag has time to think about his time in the slammer and realizes that continuing the 'situation' would give him even more time there or worse.

...Have you considered the reality of what the CCW means, that if needed you would actually have to shoot the bastard to stop an attack and defend your life?

I will keep you in my prayers friend.

I just noticed you joined the forum today and that was your first post. Tell us about yourself, your profile gives little information. Some would refer to you as a 'troll' but let's give you the benefit of the doubt. Sup?

Yes the detective does know about the threats.and yes im aware of what my ccw perpose is.not sure if the guy will get out yet or not they never found his knife but I had about 10 witnesses file reports.the guy is after me since I testified.but yes I hope it dont come to it but I will protect.ive been a ccw holder for about 8 years.the guy is off in the head and well known by authorities and has a long record.and thank u.im still trying to figure out the profile stuff....thanks agian

All right. You know there's a likely threat. I advise any or all of the following actions, whatever is within your means. (No need to respond and tell me what is and isn't in your means, or why you can or can't do something.)

1) Ask the police for a protective detail. You may or may not get one, but you should at least be on the record as having requested it.

2) Have a security system installed in your home. In the case of an immediate threat, companies can get one installed in about 24 hours.

3) Get some landscaping done. Have thorny hedges or bushes planted under vulnerable windows.

4) Install motion sensing lights around the property.

5) Situational awareness: If he is released, make sure you are aware of your surrounds at all times. Park in lighted areas instead of dark areas. Go to places where there are people vs places where you are alone and vulnerable. On and on.

6) If you haven't been to a range in a while...go do some shooting. Practice drawing and firing if the range will allow it. At very least, make sure your firearm is functioning well.

7) Do you know what the 21-foot rule is? If not...find out.

There are a lot of things you can do to protect yourself. You'll hear lots of advice from folks here.

Get a restraining order against him. It will probably have little effect on him but should he get caught violating it then he goes back in jail. Also if you are forced to defend yourself this might help keep you out of court. Be alert. Get some more training if you can.

Thank you phillip.i have brushed up on laws and shooting.i have installed survalence not sure about 21 foot rule but will check it out.i have been told by many that this guy is a nut job.i do have pitbulls that alert me at any sound.if he does return going to try to get him on tape.just wanna do the right thing...

Get a dog. Doesn't have to be Cujo, just has to bark a little. (I hate yappy dogs and I also don't want to kill the neighbor kids.) This might give you a better idea that someone is around the home. It might not help immediately, but as time goes on and you start to relax a little, let your guard down, it will be an additional system.
This would be in addition to Phillip's suggestions.

Do a search on missouri castle law and read.
DO NOT keep this thread going especially with any intent or actions contemplated.
One source.
Link Removed
Talk too the correct people in person. Lawyer,officer, who ever has been involved in this situation.

Thanks dave,yes I have read the castle doctrin.im not assuming anything will happen nor do I want anything to happen but if ot does im prepared.i have talked to several le officers as well as detectives I know what to do just seeing what input u all have if anyones been through a situation like this.sorry if I have done wrong y should this thread be stopped...thanks

+1 for the restraining order.
+1 for dogs

And I still think a security system in addition to all that would be your best idea. You can't defeat a security system with a t-bone steak. :p

Get a restraining order against him. It will probably have little effect on him but should he get caught violating it then he goes back in jail. Also if you are forced to defend yourself this might help keep you out of court. Be alert. Get some more training if you can.

Yeah, no.

My daughter got a PO on her former husband (the ex con) and actually handed a copy of it to the responding officer after the ex husband showed up at her home to cause a disturbance.

To be perfectly clear: ex husband is still in her front yard while the cop is sorting things out. She hands the cop the PO and says "He is not to be w/in 100 yards of me , or my kids". Cop is like "whatever' and cuts the guy loose.

POs look good in court and that's about it

I sure hope you had a lawyer with you before you talked to the police about the threats that were made. A few people on this forum have taught me the importance of exercising my right to remain silent! Yay!

Is the gun in your picture your only carry gun? If it is, I would buy a another gun, save that little one for a backup gun. Get your wife a carry gun too. Also keep a loaded shotgun in your house just in case. Maybe mount some motion activated spot lights around the outside of your house.

Cameras
This is a good system for home at a good price. I have installed for myself and several
relatives. EASY to install in most house's. Only other thing needed is a 20 in. PC monitor.
Nice be able to monitor the house from my laptop or smartphone when away from the house.
I have a much bigger system (32) but 8 cameras will cover the average house.
Q-See
8 Channel Surveillance System
with 8 High-Resolution 600TVL Cameras & 500 GB HDD
Link Removed
Company site for info.
Remote Surveillance Camera™, Security Surveillance Systems™, Home Surveillance System™, Home Security Surveillance Camera™, Complete Security System, Business Security Cameras, Home Security Camera Systems, Surveillance Camera

up hidden camera are good. So everything is recorded. i would also make sure my fire insurance was good. U don't wanna be homeless.

Forgot this.
Most of the DVR's I have worked with have 3 video outputs.
One VGA for the PC monitor and two BNC. The two BNC can be used
to run too TV video in with a BNC to RCA adapter you can get at
Radio Shack or other stores. Looks pretty good on a 46 in. LED LCD
flat screen. You would need two extra cables or make two cables for this.
RG 6 coax can be run up too 280 feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back