What do you do with the holsters you don't use?

nybuckboy

Keep em anyway?

Sell them on Ebay?

Send them back?

Just curious cause if you are like me I have tried a few so far for my 2 guns (380 S&W BG and Sig P938). I just ordered a Lightningwear deep conceal and also a DeSantis nemesis pocket holster. We'll see how these are.

A man can never have enough holsters. I have a large dresser draw full of them. It's an unwritten law that you must buy at least three holsters for every new gun you purchase. It's seldom discussed, but gun shop owners spray pheromones on their holster racks.

NYbuckboy.... Personally, I keep them. You never know what you can do with them.

Just the other day, I decided I wanted a bedside holster that fit between the mattress and the underside of the bed (I don't have box spring). I took an old shoulder holster rig that I hated and used the holster from that and attached it with paracord to a thick piece of rubber tarp that I cut to fit. Now I have my homemade bedside holster without going out and purchasing a bedside holster.

I'm the type that tries never to throw something out because you never know what you may be able to do with it.

Also, I think Lowjiber is correct about the pheromone spray... how many times do you end up getting more than one holster for a gun you just purchased because the first two didn't "feel right". Grrrr. LOL

A man can never have enough holsters. I have a large dresser draw full of them. It's an unwritten law that you must buy at least three holsters for every new gun you purchase. It's seldom discussed, but gun shop owners spray pheromones on their holster racks.

I believe that!!

I have three holsters which are my favorite, Old Faithful, Remora, and N8Tactical Pro holster. Any other holsters I tried I either give them away, sell the, or throw them away. I have no need for a box of holsters, the ones I use will last.

I put them in a nice cardboard box labelled: "Holsters" and it has a place of honor in one of my gun cabinets.

When I've sold guns, I included the holster(s) that were specifically for that gun. I could never sell a holster that is for a gun I own.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

I rotate their duty, depending on attire and weather. OK, here's the truth; I spent a several weeks looking for two (IWB/OWB) holsters that would work for me, based on customer reviews and talking with their makers. Didn't want to make the mistake of buying 'til I found the right ones.

Nate's Custom Holsters OWB, and Nate Squared Pro IWB. My BIL also gave my wife a galco holster for her wheel gun she likes.

I couldn't be happier! Spent 120 bucks on the two holsters, love them both, and saved enough to blow the extra on ammo.

Sorry...holster success story here. :wink:

Holster Preferences

I generally rotate holsters for use and wear. I've got a nice SERPA holster for OWB carry in the winter to conceal under a coat, and 2 IWB - one Galco for 1 oclock position and one Desantis for 5 Oclock position. I can use them all, so no need to get rid of them!! If you have some that don't fit or you won't use, I might try to trade or sell them for something you could use.
This gets me thinking - what is the best all around holster from you all? I've heard great things about old faithful and Nates, I like the sturdiness of Galco's - not sure what to try next. Opinions?
Thanks!

I try to stick with leather holsters. Blackhawk and Glaco are my favorites. I also try to aim for ones that come off without taking the belt off. I also usually keep my holsters. I would sell to someone if I got an offer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

They are safe and sound in a little black bag. I'm always wanting to try something different and rather than buy a new one, I got back to the old ones and try them again. Saves money.

As a firearms instructor, a selection of holsters of all types, good and bad, liked and not liked, is a good thing.

Good for students to see what all types are available, as there are so many styles.

I don't understand the "buy three holsters for every gun" thing. When I buy a gun it's usually for a specific purpose so I buy a holster to match that purpose. I only have one holster for each gun I own except for my Glock 23 because I use it for several different things. If I don't like the first one I buy, I either sell it or give it away. I have no need a holster that I don't like or use.

I'm not quite up to a drawer full of holsters, but I'm in line with Lowjiber's law of three (how do manufactures get their pheromones to go through the internet, where I buy my holsters???). Anyhow, I find that as the seasons changes, I go back to some of the holsters that were once relegated to a drawer. Currently, the Remoras and the Desantis Nemesis are getting the nod now that we are in shorts weather. When the clouds and rain roll back into the Pacific NW, I'll go back to the Old Faithful holsters.

I do have a couple of holsters that just did't make the cut, maybe I should list it in a WTS listing in the buy, sell, trade forum?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back