CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

What Do You Carry?

Once I get my CCDW, I'll be carrying my Springfield XD-9 Service model -- just picked it up this past week to replace my S&W Sigma.

Carried several platforms over last six years but for 2 1/2 years now it has been my SIG 226 ST in 9mm. I like 'large and heavy' and favor the 15+1 capacity.

My other options if needed include - R9 for pocket carry and/or BUG ....... a SW99 when I might need some weight reduction ..... and often slip a .22 mag NAA mini in a pocket too. SP-101 was carried for some time as was too a M28 .357 and have used my BHP also. Username reflects early carry of my P95 ..... to late now to change my username!

On-Duty I carry whatever "bottomfeeder" they issue me.

Off-Duty I carry a S&W 22-4 and a 442 Revolver. I plan to change that next year and carry a 3" GP100 in .357 Magnum. The reason for the change is "ammo commonality" between my BUG and Primary.

As far as why I don't carry a "bottomfeeder" Off-Duty, I don't like them. I love a good 1911, but will not carry one on the street and I don't think that "Hi-Cap" magazines are the answer to most self defense encounters. On the very "infrequent" days that I carry a "bottomfeeder" Off-Duty it's a Glock backed up by a Kahr PM9 and the 442.

I last qualified with a revolver for On-Duty Carry way back in 1997. I wish I could still qualify with a revolver.

Biker

Charter 2000 - 357 mag, just a good feel for me and my budget.
If the need ever arises I hope I can place those 5 bullets where they need to be.

My preferred primary carry is my Wilson Combat Professional. I carry it IWB in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. From time to time I want a change so I change....to a Springfield XD45 Service carried IWB in a Brommeland Max Con V. Both are backed up by my favorite BUG...a Taurus PT-145, carried in the front pocket strongside. If I cannot carry the larger guns due to dress requirements, the Taurus also fulfills the primary carry role.

tex45acp

w0eb,
Nice to see you over here. Nice site, huh?

My most oftenly carried handgun is my Taurus pt140 pro.I carry my Kahr Cw9 when wearing dress clothes. Last week I got a new Ruger P345. I REALLY like it. It fits my hand very well. I shoot it very well. I am waiting on a holster to come in for it. I then think it will be my primary carry pistol.

I've mainly been pocket carrying my Kahr PM9. I use to carry my Kel-Tec 3AT with a Armalaser on it for summer but the Kahr iturned out to be an all around weapon. I'll probably start switching off with my Kel_Tec PF9 once I get a few more rounds through it.

Either a Stoeger Cougar in a UBG Canute IWB, or M&P 9mm in a Don Hume H721 OWB for the summer. In the winter, the Springer Mil-spec 1911 comes out of hibernation.

Hk USP in a Comp-tac M-tac at 3:45. I keep it stoked with mid weight golden sabres. I'm gonna work a j-frame into pocket carry for work, if I can find some more quarters under the cushions...

When it's warm I carry a Glock 19, when it's cool or cold I like my Para Ordnance P13-45. I have a P3AT, but never have carried a bug.

EDC is a Ruger 345. I spent a lot of time working on it to get it right but it was worth it.

Keltec P-32 is my deep concealment/bug gun.

Most of the time G27 IWB and when unable to carry that then Tomcat in pocket and sometimes both.

The weapon I choose the most to carry is my P-220R Carry with one spare magazine.

OH YEAH! In a Milt Sparks VersaMax-II.

Last edited:
Email