what do I do.

harleyhunter

I have a Ruger semi auto in 40 s&w. I takes a 10 round clip. If these laws pass what happens to my gun? What do I have to do? Or is it grandfathered in?

Never seen a handgun that takes a clip. Unless you're talking about half-moon clips for feeding rimless cartridges into a revolver... Do you mean "magazine?"

If it's banned, then hide it until the ban expires and use a 7 rd mag with one in the pipe., that way you gots 8. Or sell it for 4 times what you paid for it and buy a whole bunch of 7 rd mags. Just my .02

Don't do anything right now. You will have one year from when the law is enacted to dispose of the ten-round mags. During the interim someone will manufacture 7-round mags for it. There is no grandfather clause on the mags. Worst case? Sell it. GunBroker.com or even post it on USA Carry. There are plenty of people who will buy them. Even the extra mags. As I told my senator... we stop carrying a ten-round mag and now carry TWO seven round mags. Good job. Well thought out plan.

10 round magazine is still ok, you just can't fill it with more than 7 rounds. Hi cap magazines (over 10) are the ones that the new law impacts. No mention of tube fed rifles, I wonder if that was a hasty oversight.i don't think 7 was a random number. 7 encompasses all revolvers I'm aware of.
More bothersome than the mag restriction to me is the background check done for all ammo purchases. You mean some 17 year old at Walmart will determine if I can buy ammo?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back