What county should I apply for my concealed carry permit from? Monroe or Niagara?

Surgery

So, I rent an apartment in Monroe County and my driver's license says Niagara County, so I think I have a choice as to where to apply for my handgun permit. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for which county I should apply in. I've heard many horror stories about Eerie County, but not much about Monroe or Niagara. Thanks.

You must apply in the county i\that you reside in. Very probably one of the first questions you will be asked is "is the address on you liscense correct"

You should also have your driving license updated with the correct address. In NC, you have 30 days to correct it.

You could get away with it not correcting it, but it could also hold up your CC application.

A couple of people i know in Monroe county received unrestricted permits within the last year. You won't get unrestricted from Niagara.

JG

There's a nice county by county map here; Also info on the steps each county makes you take. More then likely they will go by whats on your drivers license. GL
Link Removed

A couple of people i know in Monroe county received unrestricted permits within the last year. You won't get unrestricted from Niagara.

JG
I am curious why you say this.
I got an unrestricted permit in Niagara County just last year. Did something change ?

So, I rent an apartment in Monroe County and my driver's license says Niagara County, so I think I have a choice as to where to apply for my handgun permit. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for which county I should apply in. I've heard many horror stories about Eerie County, but not much about Monroe or Niagara. Thanks.

Sounds like you reside in Monroe County.

Before you apply for a permit in Monroe County you should get the licensed corrected. If it shows and address at which you don't reside, that alone would be sufficient reason to deny you a permit.

BTW - You have to report a change of address to the DMV within 10 days.

I am curious why you say this.
I got an unrestricted permit in Niagara County just last year. Did something change ?

I think you won the lottery Guttercat. The people i know in Niagara all got target and hunting permits. Glad to hear you got yours though....congrats!!

JG

Hmmm. Interesting. Nowhere on my permit does it say "unrestricted" but it does say "full carry" , so I assume it is unrestricted. Is that a safe assumption ?

Hmmm. Interesting. Nowhere on my permit does it say "unrestricted" but it does say "full carry" , so I assume it is unrestricted. Is that a safe assumption ?

I'd say that was a safe assumption, unless the issuing judge has some special meaning for that designation.

Hm, looks like I'll be getting my license changed. Monroe Co. looks like it's more friendly anyways just from reading some other lit. I just hate going to the Public Safety building. Thanks for the help.

A buddy of mine got his CCW reissued after a judge pulled it for a DWI 10 years ago. His application in Monroe county, took just under 90 days from application to permit in hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back