What are the best night sights??

mikey1003

I've looked at some old threads. Is there anything out there better than TrueGlo or Trijicon?

Went to the range yesterday and came out knowing that my old eyes are getting older

MrsM's Sig P238 has TrueGlo sights. My Glock 19 has Trijicon. And mt Glock 22 has standard Glock sights.

I'm looking for something for the G22. If really bright, I might switch out my G19.

BTW, I shoot well with all 3 pistols. Just looking for something that will help me as I get older

Thanks

I have the green/yellow AmeriGlo sights on my Glock 19: Link Removed. I like the white rings with the glowing green/yellow center.

I have the Lazermax Laser Sight guide rod in there as well, but I am not happy with it. I will switch to Crimson Trace.

PS: Proper prescription glasses help too.

I have TruGlo's TFO's. They are yellow in the rear and green up front. At night, the green pops to get sight acquisition quickly.

I have had other night sights, but these have been, by far, the best I've ever used.

I do a lot of low light, to no light practice for qualifications. I can truly say, these are wonderful.

I second meprolights. The are sister company of Kimber and hold there zero better than trijicon night sights.

I have had two or three diff brand night sights, but that only because the guns came with them, I guess my favorite would be the meprolites seemed to be brighter than the others, ................but one thing I have always wondered about is with all the big deal made about "night sights" I would think you may have a tough time in court explaining how you shot some BG in the dark using your night sights, I know that most LE pistols have night sights, but I really don't know how you would ever verify weather they helped using the gun in the dark or even low light conditions,

You're kidding, right?

Verification would be BG, ass-down-on-the-ground.

I think he is referring to Justifying the use of night sights on a home defense weapon.
~
If your sight picture is a problem without night sights how are you even seeing the target. I just have a problem with all the hype about night sights. I have a S&W Model 66 that has a bright orange front blade insert and the rest of my handguns have front and rear white dots for aiming purposes. I test my skills in low light scenarios to make sure I can hit my what I aim at without the benefit of night sights. I don't consider myself a purist but I do consider myself a realist and my depending on something other than my skills and abilities will in my opinion not save my life or that of my families.
~
I have used laser sights to help me train my point aim instincts and found them quite helpful, but would never rely on them solely as a method for aiming in a life or death scenario.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back