Weapons in your Car?

clay5769

I know here in Florida you can have a gun in your car without a carry permit and there are a few rules covering
that but I have a trunk on the sidecar of my motorcycle I was wondering if that would fall under the same law?
Below is off of the Florida website but it says car not vehicle to me if it said vehicle that would cover it.....:fie:
I have CCW but I wanted to keep a small handgun in the trunk of my bike

Q. Do I Need A Concealed Weapon License To Carry A Firearm Or Weapon In My Car?
A. No. Florida law gives citizens the right to possess and transport a firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. The phrase “securely encased” is defined in statute as “in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to

I found it...
(b) "Motor vehicle" means any automobile, truck, minivan, sports utility vehicle, motor home, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, motor scooter, or any other vehicle operated on the roads of this state and required to be registered under state law

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back