Watching the movie " The Bridge at Remagen".

S&W645

NRA Life Member
And wondering what has happened to all the guns used in the filming in the 44 years since it was filmed. M1 Carbines and M1 Garands in particular.

this question was asked several years ago on THR. Basically the answer was that there are or were several prop houses in Hollywood that rented the guns out for movies
There is (or was) a company called Stenbridge that had an amazing collection of guns of all sorts, Winchesters, Colt SAAs, Thompsons, flintlocks, all the way up to military electric power Gatlings. If they didn't have it they would make it.
I think they may have closed or moved -- I don't have a clear memory but I am not sure they're still around.

Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Great movie. Look for the book. It is a must read for anyone interested WWII. It was written by Ken Hechler

S&W645,
Are you interested in a collectors Status? or Just being curious? My reasoning is, I know where you can purchase M1 Garands, and other military items right from the US Government. For excellent Prices. PM me if your interested.

Sent from my AT300SE using Tapatalk 4

S&W645,
Are you interested in a collectors Status? or Just being curious? My reasoning is, I know where you can purchase M1 Garands, and other military items right from the US Government. For excellent Prices. PM me if your interested.

Sent from my AT300SE using Tapatalk 4
If it is the CMP, I know about them. Same applies to DRMO/DLA as I've dealt with them but they exclude guns that are operable. Sherman tank anyone? Somebody need a tug boat? Airplane? Those are a couple things I was offered. I guess they figured if I could get railroad equipment moved, I could move anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back