Watch 20/20 on now!

Some of the parents on this show are idiots! And giving responsible gun owners a bad name. I agree with training and teaching respect at an early age, but they are still kids, the one parent keeping an unsecure shotgun in her closet!! I dont have kids, but I still keep all my gun in a safe (except my carry gun. But if my carry gun isn't on my person, or within arms reach, then I lock it up!!

Why lock up all your guns if there are no kids around?

Well I leave most of mine locked up and I live in a house with 3 competent adults. We have a loaded and unsecured shotgun, and a pistol that are dedicated home defense... So those are never locked and able to be grabbed quickly. We also have our carry pistols which are by our nightstands... Those are unsecured and loaded. Everything else is unloaded and locked in a safe.

I do want to build an AR15 and leave that loaded and unsecured, but unless they have a purpose in defense and need to be at the ready, they are locked.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I liked the part about where they let the children shoot the .22 rifles and then let them shoot the ASSUALT RIFLES. These are not news reporters, they have an agenda and make stuff up as they go along. A wasted hour.

In all fairness what they called assault rifles were, in fact, select fire weapons capable of full auto fire. They even showed a couple of them doing it.

Why not? At least if they are locked in a safe, you have a better than 50/50 chance of them still being there in the event of a burglary, or not being used against you. There haven't been kids in our home in over a decade, but still lock up the ones not used in home defense.

I liked the one guy that told Diane Sawyer to her face that where and how he stored his guns was none of her business
If the guy is someone you know to be responsible then there's probably no issue. But if the guy is an idiot and your small kids are there with an unattended, loaded firearm, anti or pro-gun doesn't come into the equation. If their friend's dad is an idiot they're not going over there at all. Gun or no gun.
‹(•¿•)›

If the guy is someone you know to be responsible then there's probably no issue. But if the guy is an idiot and your small kids are there with an unattended, loaded firearm, anti or pro-gun doesn't come into the equation. If their friend's dad is an idiot they're not going over there at all. Gun or no gun.

If the guy speaking to her was responsible or not was not in question. All he said was it was non of her business if or how he stored his firearms.
I say if you don't trust your children or your friends, when it come to if your children might find a firearm and hurt or kill themselves or someone else, Keep close watch on them.

If the guy speaking to her was responsible or not was not in question. All he said was it was non of her business if or how he stored his firearms.
I say if you don't trust your children or your friends, when it come to if your children might find a firearm and hurt or kill themselves or someone else, Keep close watch on them.
It's always in question. You trust no one. This is a slippery topic with merit on both sides. And it's not that easy. Often it's outside of the child's control. Children can't be relied-on regardless of what you teach them. Brains aren't fully developed in young children, thus they may be lead away regardless of what's taught. Despite much teaching about the danger of strangers, children are abducted. Young children aren't swear-able as a witness in most courts for a reason. While it may be none of your business, you don't send your kids unattended without knowing exactly what environment they're entering. While your kids may be trained to not touch a gun you can't train them to handle every eventuality that's out of their control... like their friend's idiot older brother who gets-out dad's gun. Good parenting doesn't rely on the child to make the decision and it doesn't rely on the parent or household of the friend either. The entire burden of ensuring children are safe falls to the parent. Soooo, if the environment where your children are going is unknown and you send them anyway you're not a good parent. Until someone understands what its like to lose a child to violence they really can't know the life-long heartbreak until it happens.

I had to record it to see it and my wife and I are both gun owners. I saw a lot that tells me that 5 year olds can spout the rules but won't follow because they see it as a game. It is our responsibility to make sure that young kids do not have access to guns in anyway other then directly under adult supervision. I can say that they did portray the responsible adults as well as the ones that were not. Obviously when my grand kids stop over, every gun I own is put into a safe, I love them to much to be careless.

Watch your back no matter what, it's a jungle out there!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back