Was trying to decide between two guns

Nicholas A.

So I was looking at two guns I've never fired before which I hope to do but wanted some thoughts on them from people who might of fired either or both. I was looking at the FN FNX 45 Tactical and the HK Mark 23. From reading from what I can tell both guns are full sized, both are a 45, both use a hammer, both have a safety, both have a de-cocker, both have a threaded barrel, both have ambidextrous safety and mag release. Thoughts on either one?

I love my FN hand guns!! They both were perfect out of the box. They never jam and are very accurate. Hope this helps...

Thank you both. I'll have to go to the local ranges and hope they have both guns and continue to check back here to see what everyone else says

I'm surprised only two people on this forum have shot these two guns and have experience with them. Any other input on these?

I own a usp45 and absolutely love it. The mk23 has endured probably the harshest torture test on a handgun ever prior to release. To say it is full framed is an understatement, it is almost as large as the DE .50. The decocker is silent. I cant speak for FN but they make a great product. I dont know if price is an issue but the HK will set you back over $2000 and will probably have to be backordered. The only downside i can think of is it has a proprietary rail instead of picatinny.

Thank you Jahshoewah3619, the price is about the same on the FN. Looking at both side by side online it seems as thought the FN is about .5 inch shorter then then HK which isn't saying much when its barrel is still over 5 inches long. two big pluses I can see with the FN is it holds 15 or 16 in the mag and comes with 3 mags which when they can run 40 to 60 per makes a nice price point. Granted the 15 or 16 round mag is only 3-4 rounds more then an HK that really isn't much but with it being a 45 says something there. On the other hand if the FN ends up being close to 2500 or more then I dont see much of a plus there and honestly I dont see myself adding a red dot sight on a pistol anyways so that feature on the FN doesn't really mean much to me.

Truthfully i think i would pick the FN over the mark 23. I love my USP but the grip is not as comfortable as their newer models. Ive never put hands on the hk45 but i own a p30 (9mm little brother of hk45) and the feel is very similar to, but much more ergonomic than the USP. Also they finally switched to picatinny rails.

I have both. I have a few usp's as well. The mk23 is a bit more then just a handgun IMHO worth every penny. That said the FNX is also a fine piece of kit and also works well. If I had to choose I would take the mk23 only because of the trigger time I have on it. Either choice will make you very happy. You may also wish to consider the USP tactical. Fairly close to the mk23 for less then half the price.

Thank you for that info on the guns. For which ever reason I had a brain fart on the US Tactical. Good info and suggestions by everyone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back