Walther PPQ Holster options?

I searched the posts but could not find any information on the Walther PPQ.
I recently bought a new Walther PPQ 9mm.

I'm trying to find out what holsters it will fit.

The salesman said it would fit any Glock holster.
Did I believe him? :no: (trust but verify)

I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with this.

I prefer OWB paddle style higher riding carry but am open to suggestions. I avoid nylon and "wicked expensive" holsters like the plague.

Thanks for your input!

Check Blackhawk , desantis, bladetech, etc

Best bet go to midwayusa.com and click on shooting in the top bar and click on "holsters by make and model" and after choosing which gun you have on the left they categorize the holsters by the manufacturer's.
Or if you have a particular manufacturer you want to buy from contact them directly on what will fit.

Hope this helps

Are you perhaps talking about aWalther PPS in 9mm. If so (1) it Will NOT fit in a Glock holster (2) almost every Maker (Blade Tech, Cross Breed, Galco, DeSantis & ETC make one or more Models for the PPS 9mm or 40 S&W. Alas I am just barely computer/internet literate so I am unable to send a picture of my wife's PPS 9 & Bladetech holster.
Hope this has helped BOB

Check Blackhawk , desantis, bladetech, etc

Best bet go to midwayusa.com and click on shooting in the top bar and click on "holsters by make and model" and after choosing which gun you have on the left they categorize the holsters by the manufacturer's.
Or if you have a particular manufacturer you want to buy from contact them directly on what will fit.

Hope this helps

Thanks, this was a helpful idea, but there is only 1 DeSantis holster listed (scabbard). Not quite the type I was looking for.

Are you perhaps talking about aWalther PPS in 9mm. If so (1) it Will NOT fit in a Glock holster (2) almost every Maker (Blade Tech, Cross Breed, Galco, DeSantis & ETC make one or more Models for the PPS 9mm or 40 S&W. Alas I am just barely computer/internet literate so I am unable to send a picture of my wife's PPS 9 & Bladetech holster.
Hope this has helped BOB

Nope... Walther PPQ is what I got. I am guessing they are a new model. You can find them on the Walther USA site. thanks

Galco, Bladetech, Blackhawk, zero holsters available.
DeSantis has one but not the type I like.
Fobus has one, but they have the same photo for all their paddle holsters... buying off the internet is hard enough without seeing a reasonable representation of what you get.

Galco let me fill out a product request form and a "notify me" option if they come out with anything for Walther PPQ.

I broke my own rule of buying something new or "boutique-ish" that has few holster options. I think the choice of a good pistol needs to be balanced with availability of multiple carry options. But I had a weak moment and it fit so nice in my hand with the small back strap (the rationale)

N82 Nate Squared Tactical holster

N82 will have one to fit the PPQ.
My wife bought one for her Walther PPS 9mm and that pretty darn close to a PPQ.

N82 will have one to fit the PPQ.
My wife bought one for her Walther PPS 9mm and that pretty darn close to a PPQ.

Thanks, but I think the PPQ is closest in size to the P99, and even an H&K P30. The PPS is much flatter with a different shape. I fondled them side by side before my purchase.

I decided to get the Fobus for now. I will post an update after is ships.
It also fits in a standard XDM9 paddle somewhat okay, with a little forward/backward flop, but won't come out unless you yank it hard.

I've researched this some and this PPQ mid size style is the new ergo design Walther will be adopting on other models. It will be around a while so I decided to keep it.

Update

I ordered the Fobus Roto paddle.

A month after that I received the dreaded "Backordered" email.

It's a month after the back order notice and I'm still waiting.

That'll teach me! :no:

Update on my (very cheap) quest for PPQ holster.

Quick update: Welp, I bought my daughters 2 new laptops, and I'm still trying to find a cheap solution to my PPQ carry. :cool:

I've ended up with a Fobus Roto-Paddle for the XDm. 1) They were available unlike the PPQ model. 2) It fits about perfectly. 3) the price was right on Amazon.

The one complaint I have with the Roto is that there is some personal pain required to wear this thing. The way the paddle is fastened to the Roto gizmo, protrudes above the belt line. It's got some sharp edges and impossible for me to wear up against my skin (under a T-shirt) in the hot weather. Especially painful in the car!

I'll bring it out again now that summer is gone for good and I can wear tucked in.

I've also realized that my XDm paddle also fits this gun fine with some finess required. It takes a little while for the polymer to mold to the wide trigger guard. I found that if I crank the adjutment down a little once a week, it shapes itself toit.

Not the ideal idea, but it is secure in there, holds it tight against the body with the right belt. And, I use it for other purposes.

If I could find a deal on some XDm paddles, I just might bite. It's a good universal holster and near indestructable. So far I've used it for the XDm 9, a Kahr 45, an ISSC M22, and the PPQ. Who'da thought?

Bravo

Last edited:
I found a paddle made for the ppq. Its from IMI Defense, an Israeli company. Its alot like fobus holsters, I just ordered mine tonight.

i found a really good holster for men trying to find one for a women tho. i just bought my girlfriend the same gun and the holster we have is a tagua quick draw. the modle of it is a bh2-640. most springfeild xd holster fit this gun

Mackenzie Holsters makes them I got one for my Father In Law and he shoots IDPA and it is an approved holster. they have both IWB and OWB Holsters. Half the price of competitors and have a lifetime warranty I have 4 of there holsters now and like every one of them. Check them out at Link Removed

I'm about to buy a Walther PPQ. It's been awhile since you were looking but are there any updates on the best concealed carry holsters for the PPQ?

I'd love to know.

Thanks!

I found a paddle made for the ppq. Its from IMI Defense, an Israeli company. Its alot like fobus holsters, I just ordered mine tonight.

Can you give us an update on this holster? Are you liking it? Pros/cons? How long did it take to get it from the time of order?

Thanks!

I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard OWB, leather and it is great. Easily fits on almost any good belt, easy to conceal under a long shirt and very comfortable

Check Out mackenzie Holsters I had one made for father in-laws PPQ and I fits like a glove. I have 3 holsters of theres and love them all. They just had a Fathers day sale 2 for 1 sale but email the guy and ask what deals he has. Good holster Great Quality and lifetime warranty. Link Removed

I'm about to buy a Walther PPQ. It's been awhile since you were looking but are there any updates on the best concealed carry holsters for the PPQ?

I'd love to know.

Thanks!

Clevelands Holsters makes a IWB kydex molded for a PPQ. I just got mine last week and it feels more comfortable with each passing day. Google Cleveland's Holsters and check it out.

For OWB I went with the IMI Defense holster. It's holds my PPQ really well when I am hiking or hunting. For CCW I use a Crossbreed holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back