Walking Dead - missing rear sight

Sir Diealotz

I was watching the most recent episode of Walking Dead.

A new character called "The Governer" was aiming down the sights of an AR-15 however it didn't have a rear sight or scope. It did have a standard front sight. He got the kill anyway. LOL.

I've found so many I just stopped paying attention to it. Just watch the first episode of this season where they're taking over the prison and they show close-ups of them shooting: the slides on the handguns aren't moving, the cylinders on the revolvers aren't indexing, and nothing on the rifles are moving (not to mention they rarely seem to have any recoil). There's also last season when Hershel is defending the farm and shoots over 20 shots with his shotgun without reloading... or the Soviet DShK in season 1 that was set up to defend the CDC in Atlanta..

But then you get into the other details, such as the National Guard members having to load (you did see him pull back the charging handle to chamber a round, right?) as the Governor was driving up. Some of the guys didn't even have magazines in their rifles. Then you wonder why, after 10 months or more of being in a zombie-infested world, they didn't have enough situational awareness to notice the Governor's men "sneaking" up on them, and just stood there and got shot during the ambush. Then you had Rambo with no shirt on just hanging out.. You could assume they might not be infantry and might be cooks, drivers or something else, so I wouldn't expect them to set up any kind of formation like a wagon wheel, but come on.. they had a fenced-in gate that was wide open and nothing on the sides.

Anyway, as much as it annoys me I really love the show. It's actually the only one I can get into and refuse to miss.. I even changed my work hours so I can be home for at least the 10pm showing, if not the 9pm showing.

I saw that and chuckled to myself too. I'm sure they think a pop bottle can "suppress" the sound as well, although they had some man made ones earlier in the season. At least they pick up ARs now, last season they walked buy them and stuck with their bolt action rifle
Even so I enjoy the show

Right when I saw that last sunday I just yelled, "********", and my friends had no idea why it was ridiculous.

I have my DVR setup to record, we usually watch it on Monday nights.

This show is so popular one would think that they would spend a few extra dollars for a real firearms expert consultant however most people wouldn't even notice anyway :p

But I agree, walking dead is my new favorite show :cool:

While watching a show last wk with my wife I noticed that there was no hole in the barrel of a rifle the guys was getting ready to shoot an elk or moose with, I think the show was Alaska something or another, and it was an obvious stage gun. There are so many gun bloopers and added sound effects in Tv/movies that my family just chuckles n shakes their heads when I rewind to show them something. If ya listen, almost every show they ad a "racking the slide " sound everytime someone draws a weapon...

anyone with sense, in their situation, would be driving around in tanks, with an 18 wheeler tanker truck full of fuel following them, and another full of 223 ammo, acquired at the military arseenals, until they could get out into the middle of a big lake, on a houseboat. Then just 'bait in" all the zombies that could smell blood or hear voices, and brain them with suppressed AR's, and presto, now the only problem is the occasional lone walker that stumbles across them. Of course, then the show would have very few dramatic episodes, unless they were regularly so stupid as to go ashore. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back