Waiting impatiently, for 154 days!

westsidebob

The osbi has had my paperwork since April 26th. I'm being "researched" for a possession of marijuana when I was about 14,charges were dropped, and a dui when I was about 21 or so which was also dropped. There is no record at the courthouse of either. I listed them because the application asks if you've ever been arrested, so I went on the safe side. Licenses are turned around in as little as three weeks now. Do I have reason to be upset, don't I need to just suck it up, should I complain? Oh yeah, I'm 51 now so it's been a loooong time ago... I was just wondering what this community though of this situation.

Hi westside...it took about that same amount of time for my lovely bride to get hers, and she is squeaky clean...my guess is that you will be fine in the end...

I had the same thing when I got my FFL. To expedite things I got a letter from the courthouse stating the charges were dropped, or there is no record of this, or some such nonsense.
They seemed to like that.

I have sent an email to the osbi, asking for an email or phone call from a supervisor or director. I sent an email to my two congressman and they won't even return my email!

I spoke to someone at OSBI last week and they have added staff and are working Saturdays to drop the backlog down. I received mine in ~45 days.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Both my initial license and instructor's certificate (less than six months later) took over 100 days. I'm not an attorney but Oklahoma is a shall issue state. They have to make a decision in 90 days from receipt of your application. My opinion is if they were going to say no, they would have done so within the 90 days.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back