Virginia carry license

ryanb25

Hey folks. I've been carrying in the state of Georgia for about four years but I will soon be moving to Virginia. After doing some quick research it looks like they require you to take a course to demonstrate your competency with a handgun. Georgia has fairly loose carry laws and did not require this. Anyone here from VA? I'm wondering what the quickest/cheapest way to go about meeting this requirement. And any other info about the state is of course appreciated!

It's my understanding that VA only requires you to take an online course. No actual shooting necessary.

Sent from my XT1585 using Link Removed

Call your local Clerk of Court in the county you will getting the permit and ask. Your Georgia permit may be all you need.

Your Georgia permit may be all you need.

Yeah, but then he would have to unload his gun and lock it in a container whenever he passed within 1000' of school premises in order to stay legal and that would be a PITA if he wanted to stay legal.

What I meant was that he could show the clerk of court that he already had a permit from another state and that may be sufficient to qualify for the one in VA. You can email the president of VCDL and ask your question there. Email is [email protected].

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back