Victim Disarmament vs. Gun Control

wizrd

Been doing some reading lately, mainly some Libertarian stuff to bolster my knowlege for ammunition in delousing the pro 'gun control' crowd. A certain author, L. Neil Smith uses the term "Victim Disarmament" in his writings, rather than 'gun control' -- sounds better to me, has a ring to it that I have grown to like.
If you're writing anything to anyone about 'gun control' -try using it sometimes, just today I got a few more people to pay a little more attention to me. " No More Victim Disarmament".

L. Neil Smith -- "Lever Action" - highly recommended reading of essays on Liberty.

'No one has the right, under any circumstances, to initiate force against another human being.'

I think the term victim disarmament is the right term, too! It does have that truthful ring to it.

Wizrd, I LIKE that phrase. Well, not the meaning, but the phrase itself. I'm using it beginning immediately. I also started using "Homicide Bomber" a couple of years ago rather than the old term. Thanks.

Sounds like a good theme for a T-shirt. Almost like that old Criminals for Gun Control that is out there. Sure someone will snap it up and make enough to make up for what he will lose when the libs take the gun - ahhhhhggggghhhhh

I like that. I'm going to use it myself.
icon_thumright.gif

Very good advice Wzrd! When we let the libs control the language they do tend to spin it LOL! The truth is "victim disarmament".

Just like I don't own a single assault rifle -- but I do own a few defense rifles :)

Been doing some reading lately, mainly some Libertarian stuff to bolster my knowlege for ammunition in delousing the pro 'gun control' crowd. A certain author, L. Neil Smith uses the term "Victim Disarmament" in his writings, rather than 'gun control' -- sounds better to me, has a ring to it that I have grown to like.
If you're writing anything to anyone about 'gun control' -try using it sometimes, just today I got a few more people to pay a little more attention to me. " No More Victim Disarmament".

L. Neil Smith -- "Lever Action" - highly recommended reading of essays on Liberty.

'No one has the right, under any circumstances, to initiate force against another human being.'

Horse puckey....Self defense is always the first law. If you fail there your other rights don't mean a thing.

You are nibbling at the edges of Evil.........it is this that got us into this mess.
Go for the throat.

'No one has the right, under any circumstances, to initiate force against another human being
.'

Jeeeeesh........how'd I miss that.......

Libertarians are evil, they stand for nothing..........the hollow man.
Choose a principle and stand for it........to your last breath.

Wizrd,I do like your new wording,just not sure about your last statement ? did I miss somthing ?

Wizrd,I do like your new wording,just not sure about your last statement ? did I miss somthing ?

Seems to me the word "initiate" is the operative concept here...suggesting the justifiable right to defend. Wondering what others are reading...

Horse puckey....Self defense is always the first law. If you fail there your other rights don't mean a thing.

The key word in that statement is "INITIATE" - if someone "Initiates" force against you - you defend yourself.
Anyone forcing their will on you - is initiating force. -- Whenever you are defending yourself - the force has been 'initiated' by someone else. Then you defend yourself to the death, if necessary.

Jeeeeesh........how'd I miss that.......

Libertarians are evil, they stand for nothing..........the hollow man.
Choose a principle and stand for it........to your last breath.

You are so wrong this should embarrass you. Do you even know what Libertarians believe? You should do a little research.

You are so wrong this should embarrass you. Do you even know what Libertarians believe? You should do a little research.

I know precisely what they believe (and the lack there of)........I have studied people my entire life.
I have nothing to be embarrassed about.

It is one thing to be ignorant and know that you lack knowledge and understanding. Ignorance we can fix. You are ignorant and you do not know you are ignorant. Stupid, we can't do anything about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back