VA resident wanting to CC in DE.

dcrosle1

Delaware recently stopped honoring Virginia resident CCW in their reciprocity. I have family in DE and want to be able to carry there.

Is anybody familiar with the options that I have in order to legally conceal carry in DE as a VA resident?
Will having a non resident permit in a state, such as Florida, that holds reciprocity with DE be honored?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

I think the usual work around is to find a state that has reciprocity with DE where you can easily get a non-resident permit as a VA resident. For example, (and I haven't done this personally....yet) I believe PA permit holders can get a non-resident carry permit in Arizona (a State that has reciprocity with DE) and then carry in DE under the Arizona permit.

I have both the VA resident and AZ non-resident permits. The AZ permit is accepted in DE. You can get the AZ permit thru the mail. It also gives you GA, and WI which does not accept the VA resident permit.

DE does not honor non-res permits from any state that does not have a reciprocity agreement with them. It sucks because DE wont honor permits from any state we border with.
As far as a non-res permit in DE, I found this on the Delaware AG site:

The Attorney General shall have the discretion to issue, on a limited basis, a temporary license to carry concealed a deadly weapon to any individual who is not a resident of this State and whom the Attorney General determines has a short-term need to carry such a weapon within this State in conjunction with that individual's employment for the protection of person or property. Said temporary license shall automatically expire 30 days from the date of issuance and shall not be subject to renewal, and must be carried at all times while within the State. However, nothing contained herein shall prohibit the issuance of a 2nd or subsequent temporary license. The Attorney General shall have the authority to promulgate and enforce such regulations as may be necessary for the administration of such temporary licenses. No individual shall be issued more than 3 temporary licenses.

(l) All applications for a temporary license to carry a concealed deadly weapon made pursuant to subsection (k) of this section shall be in writing and shall bear a notice stating that false statements therein are punishable by law.

(m) Notwithstanding any other law or regulation to the contrary, any license issued pursuant to this section shall be void, and is automatically repealed by operation of law, if the licensee is or becomes prohibited from owning, possessing or controlling a deadly weapon as specified in § 1448 of this title.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back