Utah Permit Course In North Carolina?

jg1967

May I ask a question about this thread? I am looking for a CCW class in NC that does the course for the Utah permit, is there such a thing?

May I ask a question about this thread? I am looking for a CCW class in NC that does the course for the Utah permit, is there such a thing?

Out of curiosity, why would one want a Utah out of state permit? I compared their reciprocity and acceptance with NC, and Utah has 3 less states that accept their permit. Honestly, the only state that they cover that NC does not is Minnesota.

I used this link: Link Removed to see Utah's agreement/acceptance list.

Everyone has their reasons, and I am not trying to be offensive. I am actually interested to know if I am missing something.

Troy Perry

I guess Troy ans Stony answered you question. I dont offer anything but NC because the reciprocity with a NC covers most anyone coming to me. But if ya need Utah looks like Stony has you covered...

The reason why I was looking into the Utah permit is the fact that NC is not a "shall issue" state. They leave the decision to the local sherifs departments and mine told me flat out they would not even give me a handgun permit since I am not a citizen. I don't have to be one according to the NC Department of Justice (the people that actually make/administer the law) but since the sheriffs get to make the rules if they say I have to be at least 8 feet tall and have to have eyes on the back of my head then that's how it is. Since I am indeed not a citizen I can't just make a fuss and probably get one anyway.

However if I acquired a CCW permit from Utah it should work since the CCW permit also "includes" the handgun permit from my understanding. Or at least having it would get me better shot at getting one. Is my understanding correct?

The reason why I was looking into the Utah permit is the fact that NC is not a "shall issue" state. They leave the decision to the local sherifs departments and mine told me flat out they would not even give me a handgun permit since I am not a citizen. I don't have to be one according to the NC Department of Justice (the people that actually make/administer the law) but since the sheriffs get to make the rules if they say I have to be at least 8 feet tall and have to have eyes on the back of my head then that's how it is. Since I am indeed not a citizen I can't just make a fuss and probably get one anyway.

However if I acquired a CCW permit from Utah it should work since the CCW permit also "includes" the handgun permit from my understanding. Or at least having it would get me better shot at getting one. Is my understanding correct?

If this caveat does not apply to you, then you should be good to go for Virginia Non-Resident Permit:

"An alien other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States."

With a Virginia Non-Resident, your list is comparable and includes South Carolina. Call me if you would like to see about a Virginia Non-Resident Permit.
Troy Perry
980-722-7386

Actually, the more I thought about my approach the more I relaized I would probably get an earful here because I might be mistaken on the CCW permit and what you can do with it as opposed to a normal handgun permit? Does a CCW permit allow you to acquire a handgun or do you need the handgun permit on top of the CCW permit?

Actually, the more I thought about my approach the more I relaized I would probably get an earful here because I might be mistaken on the CCW permit and what you can do with it as opposed to a normal handgun permit? Does a CCW permit allow you to acquire a handgun or do you need the handgun permit on top of the CCW permit?

That raises a good question about out of state permits. I know that if you have a NC Concealed Handgun Permit, then you are able to purchase without obtaining a "Purchase Permit" from your sheriff. I do not know about non-resident. I will know before close of business today.

(If a moderator is reading this thread, it might be practical to move it elsewhere.)

I would greatly appreciate a definitive answer on this question. And I apologize if this was maybe a less than ideal spot to bring this up, I am stil new to this forum.

I just got my Utah permit, it took 50 days! As for my NC permit, it has been over three and one half years and counting! This state is corrupt! Go with an out of state permit! Most of them are not as expensive, and there is not as much Bull S*#t to deal with.
Medical records are suppose to be private! Unless you have been adjudicated by a court of law as being unfit to own a firearm. The State of Utah Will Issue the Permit. North Carolina demands to see your medical records and will deny you your constitutional right to bear arms Based On Your Medical Records. You Do Not Get to Defend Yourself in a Court of Law like the 5th and 14th amendments say you do.
If you are Legally able to own a weapon an need a CCW permit, apply for the out of state permit. NC is Not a very gun friendly state! Give Your Hard Earned Money to A More Gun Friendly State! NC Doesn't Deserve It!

I just got my Utah permit, it took 50 days! As for my NC permit, it has been over three and one half years and counting! This state is corrupt! Go with an out of state permit! Most of them are not as expensive, and there is not as much Bull S*#t to deal with.
Medical records are suppose to be private! Unless you have been adjudicated by a court of law as being unfit to own a firearm. The State of Utah Will Issue the Permit. North Carolina demands to see your medical records and will deny you your constitutional right to bear arms Based On Your Medical Records. You Do Not Get to Defend Yourself in a Court of Law like the 5th and 14th amendments say you do.
If you are Legally able to own a weapon an need a CCW permit, apply for the out of state permit. NC is Not a very gun friendly state! Give Your Hard Earned Money to A More Gun Friendly State! NC Doesn't Deserve It!

You know, that is the beauty of living in America, if you don't like it here you can always move without seeking permission first. Obama hasn't completely Socialized us yet! :sarcastic:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back