CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Utah Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

Regarding CCW reciprocity, I recall reading something about a warning that Arizona won't accept one CCW. I don't remember if it's Utah or Nevada.

Neither.

Arizona recognizes all other states valid permits:

This state and any political subdivision of this state shall recognize a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state if both:

1. The permit or license is recognized as valid in the issuing state.

2. The permit or license holder is all of the following:

(a) Not a resident of this state.

(b) Legally present in this state.

(c) Not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state.

For the purpose of establishing mutual permit or license recognition with other states, the department of public safety shall enter into a written agreement if another state requires a written agreement.

Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, a person with a concealed weapons permit from another state may not carry a concealed weapon in this state if the person is under twenty-one years of age or is under indictment for, or has been convicted of, a felony offense in any jurisdiction, unless the person's rights have been restored and the conviction is expunged, set-aside or vacated and the applicant is currently not a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.

I noticed a few things that are not correct on the Utah Page

1. Informing an officer this law has changed Link Removed
2. Automobile Carry w/o Permit You can now Carry -- New law HB357 took effect 5/12/2009 Utah Legislature HB0357

I guess it was something else that I read. This is good to know. Thanks!

Arizona accepts Utah but Nev. dose not. I live on the utah arizona state line and can pack eirther place..But Nev droped us..and so did New mex..

Email