Utah Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the link to our Utah Concealed Carry page.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have something to add.

Last edited:
Regarding CCW reciprocity, I recall reading something about a warning that Arizona won't accept one CCW. I don't remember if it's Utah or Nevada.

Neither.

Arizona recognizes all other states valid permits:

This state and any political subdivision of this state shall recognize a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state if both:

1. The permit or license is recognized as valid in the issuing state.

2. The permit or license holder is all of the following:

(a) Not a resident of this state.

(b) Legally present in this state.

(c) Not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state.

For the purpose of establishing mutual permit or license recognition with other states, the department of public safety shall enter into a written agreement if another state requires a written agreement.

Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, a person with a concealed weapons permit from another state may not carry a concealed weapon in this state if the person is under twenty-one years of age or is under indictment for, or has been convicted of, a felony offense in any jurisdiction, unless the person's rights have been restored and the conviction is expunged, set-aside or vacated and the applicant is currently not a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.

I noticed a few things that are not correct on the Utah Page

1. Informing an officer this law has changed Link Removed
2. Automobile Carry w/o Permit You can now Carry -- New law HB357 took effect 5/12/2009 Utah Legislature HB0357

Neither.

Arizona recognizes all other states valid permits:

This state and any political subdivision of this state shall recognize a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state if both:

1. The permit or license is recognized as valid in the issuing state.

2. The permit or license holder is all of the following:

(a) Not a resident of this state.

(b) Legally present in this state.

(c) Not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state.

For the purpose of establishing mutual permit or license recognition with other states, the department of public safety shall enter into a written agreement if another state requires a written agreement.

Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, a person with a concealed weapons permit from another state may not carry a concealed weapon in this state if the person is under twenty-one years of age or is under indictment for, or has been convicted of, a felony offense in any jurisdiction, unless the person's rights have been restored and the conviction is expunged, set-aside or vacated and the applicant is currently not a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.

I guess it was something else that I read. This is good to know. Thanks!

Arizona accepts Utah but Nev. dose not. I live on the utah arizona state line and can pack eirther place..But Nev droped us..and so did New mex..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back