Utah Governor to weigh-in with his view of the latest constitutional carry proposals

HKS

Tonight (2/2/2017) the Utah Governor will weigh-in with his view of the latest constitutional carry proposed bill before the Legislature.

It would allow UN-loaded concealed carry by anybody with or without a CFP issued by the state BCI.

Ergo a duly issued CFP would still give you the advantage of carrying locked and loaded, which now in Utah is only legal with the CFP.

Tonight (2/2/2017) the Utah Governor will weigh-in with his view of the latest constitutional carry proposed bill before the Legislature.

It would allow UN-loaded concealed carry by anybody with or without a CFP issued by the state BCI.

Ergo a duly issued CFP would still give you the advantage of carrying locked and loaded, which now in Utah is only legal with the CFP.

This OP makes zero sense. A bill that would allow UN-loaded concealed carry is not a constitutional carry bill. The bill under discussion, HB 112:

• provides that a business owner who allows a person with a concealed carry permit to carry a firearm onto the owner's property is not civilly or criminally liable under certain circumstances; and
  • provides an exemption for a person, 21 years of age or older who may lawfully possess a firearm, from certain criminal provisions related to the carrying of a concealed firearm.

As the NRA-ILA puts it:

This bill recognizes a law-abiding adult’s unconditional Right to Keep and Bear Arms for self-defense in the manner he or she chooses. Self-defense situations are difficult, if not impossible, to anticipate. Accordingly, a law-abiding adult’s right to defend himself or herself in such situations should not be conditioned by government-mandated time delays and taxes.

May be putting your thinking cap on before posting is a good idea.

I also can not find a single news source saying that Utah Governor Gary Herbert (R) will "weigh-in" (whatever that means) with his view of HB 112. One may come to the conclusion that the OP is completely made up. Good that the poster has me on his ignore list then. He won't even realize that I called out his BS.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back