StogieC

URGENT! Concealed and Open Carry Reform - Senate Bill 234 Filed Today

• Licensed Open Carry
  • Department of Agriculture may take Fingerprints for CWFL Application
  • Licensed College Campus Carry
  • Vehicle Carry and Storage Legal for Licensees
  • Firearms (handguns & long guns) Purchase Legal in All States
Link Removed

Please call your State Senator and ask them to co-sponsor SB-234!

Bills are being filed now. - Time to educate legislators on the issues and find Sponsors & Co-Sponsors

Jan and Feb are the big committee months. - Time to educate the committee members on the issues and firm up support.

Mar 8 - Apr 30 is the general session of the Legislature. - This is where we put steal on target to have the bills passed.

May - Off to the Governor's desk to be signed in to law! Educate the public and law enforcement about the new laws.

June 1st - Carry On!

02/11/2011 Senate • On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/22/11, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed

Got an e-mail from Charles Evers:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me your support of Senator Evers’ Senate Bill 234. Senate Bill 234 was postponed by its sponsor Senator Evers. Senator Evers is the chair of the Criminal Justice Committee and will decide when it will be brought onto the agenda again. When Senate Bill 234 is brought before the Criminal Justice Committee, I will keep your e-mail in mind. You can follow Senate Bill 234 by logging on to The Florida Senate - The Florida Senate. Please continue to write to me on issues important to you.

HB 517 has been introduced, well atleast put on the record as such for Tuesday, March 8, 2011. It is the twin to SB 234.

And if I'm reading it right, if you have a Florida CWAF license, we will be able to skip the NCIC check on purchases in this state.

Link and info from NRA-ILA

Link Removed

DATE: May 4, 2011
TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

Senate Bill 234, introduced by state Senator Greg Evers (R-2) and House Bill 517, introduced by state Representative Chris Dorworth (R-34) were heard in the full House yesterday on Second Reading. SB 234 was substituted for HB 517 and Representative Dorworth handled the bill on the House floor. Today, SB 234 came up for debate and final passage AND PASSED in the House by a 99 to 17 vote.

This bill now goes to Governor Rick Scott for his signature.

Open carry and campus carry were both stripped from the bill. The version that passed is significantly watered down.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back