Update on Monongalia County CCP

Saff

Well I finally got my permit last week. I applied on Nov. 19th, 2012 . It took 64 days to get it and I had a little help. After I was done getting my permit, I ask Dana( lady officer who does the permits) how many applications she has received. She said she had over 200! I heard them on the local news radio station saying they had lines out the door waiting to apply, although it didn't seem that busy when I went in that morning. Anyway, good luck at getting your permit approved anytime soon. Like to hear from anyone else who has applied in Mon. County.

They actually only count WORKING days. Weekends, holidays and other (non-working days?) are not counted.

Glad to see you got it.

Yeah, they've been slammed by a lot of new applications. There was only two other people applying when I was there and one renewal. Isn't it WV state law that your application has to be approved or denied within 45 days? They only do CCW applications on Mondays Wednesdays, and Fridays, so 3 working days a week. Heard they're going to start accepting applications by appointment only also. It's been 2 weeks since I applied in Mon county. Guess I'm in for a long wait then...sigh.

Yes, 45 days and you're supposed to be approved or denied. I can understand the backlog, but they need to give poor Dana some help in that office. They only do it for three days and at set times; 10am - 12pm , 2pm - 4pm . She has other duties other than the CCP. Obama has created this situation across the whole country. He has done more for gun sales than the NRA ever could.
I hope you get your permit sooner than later.

Yeah, they've been slammed by a lot of new applications. There was only two other people applying when I was there and one renewal. Isn't it WV state law that your application has to be approved or denied within 45 days? They only do CCW applications on Mondays Wednesdays, and Fridays, so 3 working days a week. Heard they're going to start accepting applications by appointment only also. It's been 2 weeks since I applied in Mon county. Guess I'm in for a long wait then...sigh.

Me too Saff. Have you noticed the Brady Campaign banner on the Mon County Sheriff department's web site? What's up with that? Does Kisner support that nonsense? I'd really like to to get a statement from him and see if he is willing to stand up for our 2nd Amendment rights.

i really haven't checked out his page until you just spoke of it. I'm not sure if that's a link put on by his office or an ad. Would be interesting to find out. Site doesn't look like its very well maintained.

Me too Saff. Have you noticed the Brady Campaign banner on the Mon County Sheriff department's web site? What's up with that? Does Kisner support that nonsense? I'd really like to to get a statement from him and see if he is willing to stand up for our 2nd Amendment rights.

When I clicked the link: IT WAS A BROKEN LINK! Psst - I'm not going to tell them!

Confusing update in 02/24/2013 (Morgantown) Dominion Post: (Paraphrasing) Call 304-291-7260 to schedule your permit request - 10:00 to 11:45 a.m. or 2:00 to 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. Elsewhere in the article it stated they had 59 people come in for a permit or renewal on just one day earlier this month and they handed out numbers (up to 30) to "people standing in line". So do you stand in line WITH an appointment?

So if you're a working stiff, you're going to have to take time off to submit your renewal or new application for a permit? Did the sheriffs remark that he had 50 permits from the last two weeks or so sitting on his desk Friday awaiting his signature mean that he hadn't bothered to sign permits for the last two weeks or so, or that those applications/renewals submitted in the last two weeks or so had been approved and the permits landed on his desk Thursday?

You are so right my friend, CONFUSING! Reporter is either lost or whoever explained the process was lost. The day after they called and said mine was ready, I called in to see if I needed to make an appointment. They told me they weren't taking appointments. I had no problems, no wait. In fact , I was the only one there when they called me out of the waiting area...go figure.

I think it's time we got a new sheriff, it's clear that gun owners and our rights are last on his list. Money that could go to streamlining and speeding up the CCW application process, is going to his pet projects instead. Compare other WV counties and their CCW processing times to Mon county's.

New to the forums here guys. I'm finally a resident of WV after my wife and I moved here in Aug 2011 after getting out of the Marine Corps. I had to make an appointment with Dana for my CCP. Does this mean when I go to the appointment she will process my paperwork and i'll get my ccp then, or does the '45 day' wait period begin then? Any help would be great. Thanks!

New to the forums here guys. I'm finally a resident of WV after my wife and I moved here in Aug 2011 after getting out of the Marine Corps. I had to make an appointment with Dana for my CCP. Does this mean when I go to the appointment she will process my paperwork and i'll get my ccp then, or does the '45 day' wait period begin then? Any help would be great. Thanks!

I'm assuming you already took the CCW class. You will just be filling out the permit information and paying your fee then. Then, if your lucky, it will only be 45 days after which you will have to go back to take your picture,get license and pay more money.

Yes I took the class and have the pistol qual on my DD214. It's a shame it takes that long, but I suppose it's better than other states.

Finally got the call that my permit was approved. It's been 2 1/2 months since I applied. Had to make an appointment to pick it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back