Two Month Old Meprolight Tru-Dots - Front Sight "Burnt Out"

skinnyb82

Has anyone ever seen this? These sights are only a couple months old, noticed the front site was a little dim when I picked up the gun after I had them installed on my XDS (they may fit like a glove on the XDS but they're not specifically made for it...which is why I'm afraid Kimber might tell me I'm SOL) but paid no attention. Pretty sure the smith didn't screw up the front sight since he said that he only had a problem with the rear sights, and those are still going strong and as clear as day. The front is just...all white and invisible at night. May as well have contrast sights. I've never seen this before. The globe didn't rupture, I believe I'd know if a tritium globe had ruptured in my nightstand drawer. I have Meprolight Tru-Dots on my P229 and they're still as bright as the day I got them...and they were already installed on the gun when I bought it off GB.

Call or Email Kimber and if under warranty you can send you're back and they will send you new ones. If out of warranty they can for a fee replace the vials.

Link Removed

I'm not sure you would know if the globe ruptured, it's possible it did so at the factory or upon installation (more likely since you said it was dim upon picking it up from the smith), a puff of gas, or a slow leak, and it's gone... you'd probably never notice anything but the sight getting dim and then, not glowing. Which is exactly what you describe, it's not like the laws of physics have changed in your front sight and caused all the tritium to decay at once, unless Heisenburg really hates you! All jokes aside though, should be under warranty, just get a new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back