Turkish Lawmakers Ok Military Action Against Isis

indyyy

Heard this on the news while driving and thought I'd post the internet link since some are arguing that the war on terror and isis is a religious war. IMO it's really more about oil and control of it than Christian vs Muslim. By the way, Turkey is 99% Muslim. so if you're one of the ones saying Why is there no outcry from the Muslim community against terrorists, there is - you just have to look for it.:warning2:

Turkish lawmakers OK military action against ISIS - CNN.com

I'm glad to see the British have started bombing rather than just observing. I think I also read that German Special Forces are active. It's nice to see them get their backbone back after almost 70 years of being pacifists.

Let's not fool ourselves here about Turkey. They are getting involved for one reason: the Kurdish town of Khobani, in Syria, which ISIS has been attacking, is right across the border from Turkey. Turkish troops can stand on hilltops and watch ISIS advance on Khobani - and Turkey (a more moderate islamic country) is finally coming to terms with the fact that ISIS is not only on their doorstep, they are growing stronger. They don't mind ISIS taking care of the troublesome Kurds for them, but they are scared spitless that, if they don't do something now, the old Ottoman Empire will be assimilated into the extremist ISIS caliphate.

Link Removed

EDITED:

“Turkey is more than happy that the semi-autonomy declared by Syria’s Kurds is being demolished by the so-called Islamic State,” says Cengiz Aktar, a political scientist at Istanbul’s Suleyman Sah University.". Link Removed

Proverbs 24:11-12 says, "Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, 'Behold, we did not know this,' does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, AND WILL HE NOT REPAY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS WORK?"
"...US Secretary of State, John Kerry, suggested that preventing the fall of Kobani was not a strategic US objective. 'As horrific as it is to watch in real time what is happening in Kobani, you have to step back and understand the strategic objective,' he said," Isis in Kobani: John Kerry says preventing the fall of the town is 'not a strategic objective' - Middle East - World - The Independent
ISIS is estimated to have about 30,000 troops.
When we took on Iraq, their troop strength was 650,000 - TWENTY-ONE TIMES what ISIS is reputed to have.
Tragedies such as these were - and are - preventable. The intelligence and military communities have been warning the executive branch that this was coming for a couple of years - and the president chose to skip out on those briefings.
Mr. President, El De'ot Yahweh (God of Knowledge - the All-Knowing God) knows what you did and did not know - and WHY you didn't know it.
"… WILL HE NOT REPAY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS WORK?"

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back