Tuckable IWB holster carry

4Opencarry

When using an IWB holster such as the Alien Gear that Jason emailed to me today, wouldn't tucking your shirt make it very hard to draw? Has anyone done this and had a problem removing your shirt before drawing your weapon? I never tuck for this reason but sometimes need to tuck my shirt.

Same trainign routine for tucked or untucked, so no. no different at all.

support hand grabs shirt, and jerks upward to your pectoral, strong hand grabs gun and draws straight up till hand meets pectoral, support hand releases shirt, grips gun, both hands extend straight forward into a full extension stance and grasp, sight picture is acquired, trigger finger goes to trigger, shot fired.

Reverse this for re-holster

Tucking my shirt with my CBST doesn't slow me down at all. I think it's faster (perhaps even safer), than the "sweep" method used with a jacket/vest.

IMHO, it's even "cleaner" and "quicker" than having a long shirt tail hanging down that you have to get out of the way. But, as with anything, you need to practice to be proficient.

-

Part of the trick is to leave the shirt a bit loose, not tucked in smooth and tight (bloused is the technical term) so you can readily grab a handful of it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back