Trying to ID an old bushmaster

Walterm

I have a old bushmaster ar15 that was handed down from a relative that passed and i need to ID it. The bolt lugs have cracked and one is seperated. I tried to order a new bolt and firing pin about 20 years ago from Bushmaster but it didn't match up. At that time their in their small catalog none of their rifles matched up to this one. The upper is stamped steel, the caliber is 223, it has a pistol grip but the stock is missing. Looks like it was a folding stock. The mags are Colt. It was rumored that it came from costa rica but i was never able to confirm this. The lower has the bushmaster logo/numbers and from what i remember the upper had no info on it. How can i go about getting info on this rifle? I put it away years ago thinking one day i could find a gunsmith to machine a new bolt from the old cracked one. Today since readily available uppers are available a new complete upper might be in order.
Walter

Why don't you just contact Bushmaster and see what they say? They may ask for pics or a better description but I would start with the maker.

KK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back