Trying to Carry in Ohio

Is it true in Ohio that you are limited to ammo that you can carry as a citizen?

Negative. Not only can you carry as much ammo you want to or the type of ammo legally sold, you can carry as many firearms you want as long as you have a handgun license.

Is it true in Ohio that you are limited to ammo that you can carry as a citizen?

Negative. Not only can you carry as much ammo you want to or the type of ammo legally sold, you can carry as many firearms you want as long as you have a handgun license.

I was misinformed by an officer then. We were on a job and had 3 m4s, a 12 ga, 8 pistols, a few thousand rounds of ammo and all of our body armor. He informed us if we were just passing through as citizens we could only carry 32 rds per firearm. Made no sense to me.

I was misinformed by an officer then. We were on a job and had 3 m4s, a 12 ga, 8 pistols, a few thousand rounds of ammo and all of our body armor. He informed us if we were just passing through as citizens we could only carry 32 rds per firearm. Made no sense to me.

I am no expert on Ohio law, but have recently scoured the statutes and have found no mention of any of that nonsense. LEOs make up their own laws based on expired laws, what others have heard, and stories told during meals, in the locker room, etc.

I'd double check with HR. Our company policy is if you're on company business, you can't carry.

Stupid, but a policy nonetheless.

We also have "No Weapons" signage at every entrance. It's marketing. Yet the owner is a HUGE conservative.

You MAY have misunderstood him.

Ohio has a 30 round MAGAZINE limit. No MAGAZINE may hold more than 30 rounds. Of course since I moved here in 1986, I can't recall an instance of anyone being prosecuted for having a greater than 30 round magazine.

There is NO limit to the CUMULATIVE amount of ammunition you can carry in Ohio. If you've got the strength, you can carry 100 15 round Glock 22 magazines, and five guns to go with them.

There is a ban on loaded RIFLE magazines in vehicles. You can't have ANY. You must have an Ohio Concealed Handgun License (CHL) or recognized equivalent in order to have LOADED handgun magazines in a vehicle.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back